Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put my truck in 4wd without the hubs locked I get a grinding sound in my front axle/hubs. It also happenies if I lock my hubs with the truck in 2wd. In 2wd without the hubs locked it dosent grind at all. What could the problem be. Its a Auto tranny A304H If that that matters. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
If I put my truck in 4wd without the hubs locked I get a grinding sound in my front axle/hubs. It also happenies if I lock my hubs with the truck in 2wd. In 2wd without the hubs locked it dosent grind at all. What could the problem be. Its a Auto tranny A304H If that that matters. Thanks
have you bothered to crawl under the rig and check anything or you decided we all have crystal balls around here :shaking:

If you want some help you need to start by doing some homework, and checking fluids and such...

·
Registered
651 Posts
my crystal ball says you need to specify if its IFS or not. if it is, the ball says your CV axles are shot, and you owe me $25 for the reading, tarot card reading extra

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I think he ran over a midget and he is mad :D

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
It was nationals :D
I'd build a trebuchet (dark ages catapault) and trailer it down there to see that! Punkin' Chuckin'!:laughing:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grinding

Its a 85 SFA. I have crawled under it and everthing looks fine. I have changed the diff fluid and also greased my Birfeild and hubs.

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
my bet is bronze bushings in the spindles as well... while yer checking them put yer weiner in a blender full of tacks and hit puree... should help with the diagnosis...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Does it grind non stop or on acceleration or deceleration? Have you had someone walk beside you to isolate the noise area? I.e. outer axle, diff or d-shaft

The noise area will tell you where to start looking and eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Added any upgrades or is it a stock SFA etc?

:smokin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts