Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ruined 2 sets of 4" front springs @ the dunes. I can catch most banshees at the drags, but the WOT clutch dropping associated with a good launch is ruining springs. I currently am running a 6" spring in the front, But I am afraid of ruining my new driveline, so its not yet tested. Will the bigger arch help or hurt performance? Any steetable solutions? 4" springs were Tuff-Country, I tried 4"EZ-Ride and the 4"HD springs both turned into an S with just a handfull of luanches. I know rear paddle tires would help but they are spendy.

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
Just use stiffer springs. That should essentially be a no brainer. You're using the two softest set of springs on the market for this application. Superlift, Skyjacker, Pro Comp, Trailmaster, Rancho, BDS, etc., are all stiffer and will control the wrap FAR more.

More arch will tend to make the springs even stiffer. The stiffer the springs, the more resistant to wrap they will be.

The Pirate answer? LINK IT. :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Maybe I worded that wrong. I didn't mean a panhard bar. I meant a traction bar with shackle like is commonly used in the rear. Not for side to side, but specifically for axle wrap. I have seen a few front setups. All depends on room under the engine and exhaust, and if you can fit a crossmember under there to attach the shackle too. I was thinking of running one if it's needed. Think it might also serve as a skid to help protect the driveshaft.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just adding springs to the front half of the leaf pack will help help control axle wrap. Or you could put it in 2 wheel drive and not worry about front axle wrap. :flipoff2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts