Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a little help with a beer induced idea of buggy leaves on the front of my crawler. I have a set on the rear that work decent and thought it might work on the front. Has anyone attempted this and how. Help before the fawking beer wears off and I cut my shiznit up, then crash and die.
:beer:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just think about it.... whats it going to do to your pinion angle??? unless you move the shackels to the front. you will snap the driveline right off when you flex it out or lift the weight off the front.... I thought about it too once not a good Idea

Chris

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Exactly. Will kill your UJ's when drooped. If you put the shackle and buggy at the front, it'll probably be real ugly when a rock hits the shackle. Possibly bend/brake the buggy. If you're gonna do anything to the front and keep it leaves, bout the only thing I'd trust is Orbit Eyes in the spring eye. I tried doin some fancy crap and it has caused me much frustration and wasted $$. Leave it simple or link it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Jonny Rotton from the pirates runs a buggy spring up front on the front of his spring on his cruiser. He gets it without a doubt and I didnt see the buggy try to kill him or his performance.. Check out the pirate video to see it in action... I dont think much of them myself but have seen them work good before..

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help!

Thanks for all the advice. The beer wore off and now I know that this wasn't the best idea. Luckily I left the torch alone. Thanks for the advice.:)

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
I was thinking about it to, I have been pondering this Idea for a while:

A front spring hanger on hinges with a leaf to provide resistance, could be easily bolted down for street driving or high speed stuff. Little urethane bumpers at the ends would keep everything quiet. :trooper:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's kick ass.

That seams like a great theory. It would be interesting to try, but I just got done welding my junk back together. I might have to consider that one. It definately would get attention on the trail. I've been coming up with some other strange ideas. Like a buggy leaf but from the opposite direction than traditional buggy leaves. Man, I've got to stay away from that beer. It's like brain food.:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
860 Posts
the closest thing i have seen to something like this is the "missing link" setup by trail tough for samurai's. i have thought about trying to convert this setup to a toyota but its just another wierd idea i got in the back of my head. i really like the way they work to. my buddy edmund has it and you can see how it works in his picture in TTC, hes #50. you can see the shackels seperating. i'm still thinking about it

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
IM4YOTAS,
Did you ditch the rears up front? What are you running now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts