Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to rebuild the streetqueen. The truck was built buy a guy that lived near where I grew up in Nor-Cal. I have pics of the truck on the con in the early 1980's. My father bought it in 1991, right after I bought my first Cruiser. I bought it from my father in 1996. The cruiser is kind of cool, well built for mall duty, 350,ps,hand made stainless header, great paint, light blue sheetmetal, dark blue frame, lots of chrome. Not something I would ever build, but still nice. Anyway, the front clip, fenders,hood,bib,approns are welded together. It is a one piece tilt front end. It takes two people to tilt it, and IMO looks like ass. It makes it hard to service, a larger raditor does not fit, and looks like one of the Mallotte fiberglass clips. I could build a trick set of tube fenders, but it is not a trail truck. I was thinking of one of the aluminum bibs,aprons, and fenders, polished with a painted hood. It would be like a JP jeep in reverse. I have yet to find a picture of a cruiser like this, and it might be because it is a bad idea.Would you put all stock sheetmetal on it, painted to mach of course, or some other option I have not thought of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts