Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know this is probly a dumb question but we just put 5.5" wildhorses coils in my 76 eb and the pass. side coil looks like it is going to pop out of the bottom retainer cup. i am running 7 degree c bushings and a drop track bar mount. i could barely get the trackbar back on as it was twisted compared to the mount on th diff. i have a wristed radius arm if that matters. my caster also looks like it is damn near 0 degrees as well. i know someone has had this prob before so someone help me out.:confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
WHAT A DUMB QUESTION!! LOL
(just buggin ya ;) )
I had the same problem with a similar ;) front end.
Once you start lifting you can only get so much caster back with the 'C' wedges. I was runnin at almost 0* as well, just be real careful goin through corners at speed. I'm adjusting the 'C' wedges on my next axle.
I'ld say the easiest way to regain caster would be to turn the knuckles (or longer drop brackets, but that would SUCK!).

Rubber trac arm bushings would help free up some flex there, but urathane is better for fending off the infamous 'DEATH WOBBLE'. A twisting trac bar would be the best solution.
L8TR

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rogue Bronco said:
WHAT A DUMB QUESTION!! LOL
(just buggin ya ;) )
I had the same problem with a similar ;) front end.
Once you start lifting you can only get so much caster back with the 'C' wedges. I was runnin at almost 0* as well, just be real careful goin through corners at speed. I'm adjusting the 'C' wedges on my next axle.
I'ld say the easiest way to regain caster would be to turn the knuckles (or longer drop brackets, but that would SUCK!).

Rubber trac arm bushings would help free up some flex there, but urathane is better for fending off the infamous 'DEATH WOBBLE'. A twisting trac bar would be the best solution.
L8TR
Let me show you a cure....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
DILLINGER said:

Let me show you a cure....

Now, that is really cool! Who built that, or is that an idea in the works. I thought of something similar to that but, never made it past the thinking about it stage!:eek:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coils

hey rogue whats up? i was thinking of cutting the c mounts loose off the diff and rotating to get the desired caster. the more caster, the straighter the truck drives (to a point). i know moving the c brackets would change ds angle but it looks fine now so a little more wont affect much. i will build a threaded panhard bar to free up the front some more. i also installed some 5012's and with the older duff hoops i have only about 3-4" of uptravel left. how tall do the newer hoops go to? anyone use coil pivots or wedges to staighten the coils out? Mine just dont look right. oh yeah, drop track bar mount hits the left front coil!!:eek: wtf:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Yes I'll try to take a picture of Paul's tomorrow for you. custom wedge that Josh built out of Grass Valley, CA

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coils

thanks that would be cool. i have some ideas on how to fix but any pics on what anyone has done before always helps:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
sierrabronco.com has some wedges that will fix the coil flex. I think they are $60 for the 0" lift pair and $70 for a pair that provides 1" of lift.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey Ditto, if I were you, I'ld cut & turn the steering knuckles on the axle housing. Just as much work as turning the 'C' wedges with better perks (DS angle stays good).
Its actualy REALY easy to do, just figure out what angle you want first. Get an angle finder and go to town on it. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
coils

yeah looks easy enough to move the knuckles. shitty part is that i wrecked my hand and will be out of commission for abou 6-8 weeks min. my truck is all over my yard but some good friends are helping me put it together so maybe ill give the knuckle turn a shot in a couple months. how much should i go? thinking about 4 degrees . Any answers?:confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm settin mine @ 5*. You can always 'fine tune' with different 'C' bushings (2*,4*,7* I think).
I havent mounted my 'C' wedges yet, so I still have room for adjustment if I change my mind.
Shitty to hear about your hand.
'Murphy' always does shit like that when your under the gun. (BASTARD) :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rogue Bronco said:

Now that would cure everything, (if ya could afford a pair)
Got a web addy, or sumpin for more info on those babies??
BTW- How much??
According to the properties of the picture, those come from WidowMaker (maybe the same co running a banner here?)?

·
Registered
221 Posts
ya i made them.
daily driving is fine.

with the new drop out's and spring's it need's a sway bar.

the real problum is the fact that it's 10 degree's here.

no top no door's NO HEATER!!

i'm not sure who sell's them try a search.

i know lot's of shyt, not specific enough. read it all.
that's why were here . i find lot's of cool stuff i not even looking for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think Bent and Twisted sells pivots for the coils and I know BC definitely sells them for leafs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts