Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if anyone with a K-5 blazer and 4" suspension lift has D-shaft angle problems. I had angle problems in the rear but the shackle flip has fixed them but I am getting a shake from the front end while in 4 wheel drive.

If it is the angle how is it resolved? shims?

BTW the D-60 in the front has 20k miles on it and the ujoints are brand new. I'm guessing the pinion length of the D-60 threw my angles off because it sticks out further.

I'm no guru just looking for some advise :)

any help is welcome

Chris

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I got a shake in 4wd when my pinion bearings fell out. It helped that one of the 1480s had frozen and wouldnt move.

4" lift is mild, there should not be any problems. Sometimes you gotta shorten your front shaft with a D60 swap. That and check for worn front end components.

Charlo

·
Registered
607 Posts
High_Roller said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone with a K-5 blazer and 4" suspension lift has D-shaft angle problems. I had angle problems in the rear but the shackle flip has fixed them but I am getting a shake from the front end while in 4 wheel drive.

any help is welcome

Chris
i've got a 3.5" lift on mine, pretty close to 4", but i had crazy vibrations on the rear shaft when i installed it... nothing on the front though.. but i just put some little spaces inbetween the crossmember and the frame, and it pushed the d-shaft back in enough... maybe try that if u havent already

-Juice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts