Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a d44 front out of a 1980 trail duster at the local wrecking today. Its pretty much complete just missing one locking hub and one calipar. They guy told me he would sell it to me for $200 bucks and He would even pull the axle out. Is this a good deal or should I try and chew him down a little on the price?

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
does it have the flat top knuckles you need? I paid $150 complete at the pnp type here. 76 burb pass side drop, both flat top knuckles. I wouldn't pay $200 with missing parts and I pulled mine in less then 30 mins by myself.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Im with seabass on this one. I have never paid more than $100.00 for any complete d44 axles. Just the missing caliper is going to cost 40 to 50 bucks new with no core. A pair of new hubs is 89.00 local so it will cost you some money to put it back together. I think at the most if you would have to wait for a good deal try to get it for $100.00 if it has the gears you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
$200.00? Way too much, odds are its got 3:73's in it as well. I'd look for a 44 out of a FSJ or GM. Both are 6 lug but the GM is a bit wider and already has flat tops. Where are you at? If your near northern NC I've got a friend with a 44 out of a round headlight (79 or earlier) Blazer that he'd let got of for 125.00 or so and its got everything except the wheels.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts