Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local is trying to convince me to swap my '90 dodge (front) D60 for his D70 from who knows what it came from...so what's the real diffrence between them?? Or is he trying to pull a fast one over me?? I was going to put the pair of D60's under my toy but I think I will swap a 14 bolt FF in the rear instead for more strength and parts availablty (sp) plus I don't see any right ups on rear disk brake convertions on the D60 anyways...only a 14 bolt...any info would be great, Thanks guys!!:D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Most of the 70 Fronts I have seen have had closed knuckles and a wierd joint. I think they were called a tracta joint. Don't know how strong they are. There are 70's that have std u-joints. That is were the 35spl stub upgrade comes from for the GM/Dodge 60's. The 70 housing hangs down more than the 60. All in all, I'd probably stick with the 60. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
if it is open knuckle then it is more beefy than your 60. however chances are slim to none that it is and slim just left the building. for your toyota a 60 in the front will be more than enough. also most of the 70 fronts haven't been produced for like 25+ years, so i'd stick with the late model dodge dana 60. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good point....I think I will, then I will know what I have....:D

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
they made the 70 in open knuckle, in Dodge duallies. I think they only difference is the gears, they are bigger, and course the 35 spline outers. Think everything else is the same, just what I was told.....but stay with your 60.....

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will......Dave

Plus the 60 would be easier to selll....ya think?? j/k

·
Registered
377 Posts
since you already have the d60, keep it

·
Registered