Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a retired '99 Tahoe that was in use with the TX Border Patrol. But it has the grill/headlights like the WT series pickups. Would I need to swap the radiator support to be able to bolt on a newer style front end?

Thanks,
GunRunner

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I just bought a retired '99 Tahoe that was in use with the TX Border Patrol. But it has the grill/headlights like the WT series pickups. Would I need to swap the radiator support to be able to bolt on a newer style front end?

Thanks,
GunRunner
NO just get the grill, composite headlights buckets and headlight pigtails.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was originally thinking about going with the original type setup, but I've located a 2003 1/2 ton pickup that I can pirate for parts. I think it would look cool with a 03-06 front end on it, since that was never done from the factory. My only concern with that is if the fenders will line up with the cab correctly.

GunRunner

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
U can buy that in a kit for 88-98 trucks. about $1200 bucks with hood and fenders.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
There is a kit for a 02-06 Escalade swap on a OBS truck (same as yours) but is expensive. And its compete with fenders and grill all custom made of fiber glass.
I haven't seen one for a regular NBS clip to OBS other than this one. And its $3000! The $1200 buck kits are NBS truck to NBS Escalade clip kits a standard bolt on swap.

http://www.gcustoms.com/product_info/products_id/2910/
GCustoms.com - - Product Information - Nicour - Cadillac Escalade Conversion Kit

Just stick with the LS/LT front end with the composite headlights and crome grill. I'll be much cheaper!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I'm going to look/take measurments, etc...and see what I can come up with...paint and body work is one of my specialties...lol with a cutting torch and a welder, I can make anything fit...j/k

GunRunner

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm going to look/take measurments, etc...and see what I can come up with...paint and body work is one of my specialties...lol with a cutting torch and a welder, I can make anything fit...j/k

GunRunner
Truckin' magazine did a article on a truck with this swap. Search on their site.
I think they had to lower the radiator and use a custom support.

It looks like a lot of work!

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Sorry that was a Cadillac conversion for 88'-98' trucks and 92'-99'suv's, probably a little too bling. Price was $1600.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts