Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost ready to start wiring. Here's a few shots. I apologize to he masses for using poop instead of tubing, but to get actual tube up here, it has to be ordered and sent from Seattle, and it's really $ right now. These new pieces are not in an area that is huge safety concern, so I said F- it and went with some Sch 40.

Any idea for what else to add? I think it should be pretty rigid like this...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arya Ebrahimi said:
forgive my ignorance, but what is that in the first pic? BLING BLING battery box??
Yep, you got it man. $90 from Summit Racing, all AL with stainless hardware, battery clamp, and rubber grommets. It should look fairly pimptastic bolted to my firewall...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That fawkin' thing is still the gawd dang ugliest pile of toob and poop I've ever seen. hahaha I worked on mine this weekend, and it's almost done. There was some TRICK tube work on mine, and elfy, you'll be glad to hear that I've got some sweet door bars now. :)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
McSoo said:
That fawkin' thing is still the gawd dang ugliest pile of toob and poop I've ever seen. hahaha I worked on mine this weekend, and it's almost done. There was some TRICK tube work on mine, and elfy, you'll be glad to hear that I've got some sweet door bars now. :)
If you want to see the ugliest rig in history, all you have to do is walk into the garage! :flipoff2: Oh - and it's nice to finally use a REAL welder.

Where's the pics, I hear a lot of talking, and no action...

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
dig the steering wheel! ya gangsta! :grinpimp:

ya still gonna run at least the hood and bezel? right?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fc187 said:
dig the steering wheel! ya gangsta! :grinpimp:

ya still gonna run at least the hood and bezel? right?
Yeah, the hood and bezel will get cut up, resized and fit on somehow in the next couple of months. Right now I'm racing against the weather, and I just want it running so I can make a trip or two before the snow hits.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Best hurry :p Snow gonna be flyin' soon. :D

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
the t-case shift pattern plate is a nice touch too :beer:

I still have to get you that pic (Stockton wheel) ;)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wiring is done, everything works, amazingly... I don't ever want to do that again. Just some details now, and she'll be ready to go.

This switch cost $50 to get up here, but I could only find it one place. It's OFF-ON-Momentary - a "one-does-it-all" to start the engine.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Looking better :flipoff2: Wheres the pics of you freezing your ass off in the snow??? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah, no kiddin'! It's startin' to get kinda cold down here... I've heard that overnight temperatures are hittin' the 70's!! :eek: :p

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
It's looking good Wes. Just don't get your hands wet when you drive in the snow. If you still lived here with that steering wheel that would be the only thing that would get stolen while in tow to any place :flipoff2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts