Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 Toy' 4x4 IFS, and I am in a big pickle right now. I have recently broken my front ring and pinion :crybaby2: and need to get it replaced fast for the fact that I need my 4x4 back by around Feb. 20 or so, for a 4x4 event on March 1st. I need to get 5.29 gears. It seems to be that the housing is also bad, (it is leaking oil, but it could be a bad seal.) where are some places that I can buy a whole housing and gear from, that will not break the bank:question: I have found one for $595 from NWOR, plus a $250 core charge, plus whatever shipping will cost, & tax (since I live in WA STATE.) I am hoping to take out the front t-member off in the next few days, and find out the exacts on what is bad. But I need to find out something fast so I can order within a day or two after removing it. BTW: I have nearly $600 saved up now.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Why not just pull it and take it to a shop that does diffs? I it is your DD you can drive with it out, I did for three months before I did my SAS. I even wheeled it because I have an ARB and 4:70gears in the T-case!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just pull it and take it to a shop that does diffs? I it is your DD you can drive with it out, I did for three months before I did my SAS. I even wheeled it because I have an ARB and 4:70gears in the T-case!!!!

I rather not take a chance and break more. Well if it is the whole housing then I will need to get a whole new one, their are a few places around my place but they want too much for their service, I got the rear gears for $630.?? at the local 'gear' shop. And the local shops will only change gears & thats it!

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Pull it out a UPS it to Gearman (River City Differentals) in Rancho Cordova. He will fix you up and if it needs a different case he an supply it also. 916-852-7109 Call Sean and talk to him at least. Do not buy from NWOR

I rather not take a chance and break more.

What the hell does this mean?????:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOP'S said:
Pull it out a UPS it to Gearman (River City Differentals) in Rancho Cordova. He will fix you up and if it needs a different case he an supply it also. 916-852-7109 Call Sean and talk to him at least. Do not buy from NWOR

I rather not take a chance and break more.

What the hell does this mean?????:confused:
I was refering to what you said about being able to drive around without it in. I luckily have a bac-up rig. I hear that NWOR is not liked by too many people. I am just trying to find a place that has them for a good price and will not break easily (cheaply made.) Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
779 Posts
864x4yotaMAN said:

I was refering to what you said about being able to drive around without it in. I luckily have a bac-up rig. I hear that NWOR is not liked by too many people. I am just trying to find a place that has them for a good price and will not break easily (cheaply made.) Thanks for the info!
You can drive it just fine with the front diff and CV axles removed. When driving in 2wd all the power goes to the rear - nothing to the front - just like a 2wd truck. Every IFS diff I have ever seen leeks some oil - usually the outer seal on the RH side. Broken R&P are common since the front is a 7.5. With bigger tires they will break - 5.29 may only make it worse. Stay away from the bargin brand gears - Superior, Precision are some of the better ones but cost more$. Randy's R&P is located north of Seattle. Do NOT deal with NWOR unless you want to get zcrwed. As for used - check any of the numerous wrecking yards in Auburn - AAA and Budget.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts