Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a samurai with toy rears up front, they are set up so the offset pin is forward more for wheelbase. Shackle is in front. My rig sits a little higher in front, and i wouldnt mind lowering the whole rig. The first trip out i bent the spring at the stock spring clamp about 6-8 inches away from the frame mount. I had stock 3 leafs, then a 3inch lift spring from a samurai.
So obviously these werent strong enough. I was on some slick rocks, and i didnt havea front locker yet, so i bashed into one, and thats about it.

I got another set of rear springs, and i also got a set of fronts. Has anyone mixed front springs with rears? The fronts are so flat, i dont know if it flex bad or what.

I was thinking
1. Rear main
2. rear millitary wrap
3. front main with eyes cut off, just a couple inches shorter than the 2nd leaf. Then i would get some square ubolt type spring clamps to clamp those three leafs together.
4. rear 3rd leaf

I really dont think i need any more than that, the sammy is pretty light. I just wanted another main in there to strengthen things, and the front main would flatten the pack out a little.

thanks!
And i did read the entire ruf faq and there was no mention of my question.:D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toy axles, springs, driveshafts, steering?

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
LOL Im just harrassing you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So whats your question?

If you read the RUF thread, you would know there isnt much of a "formula" for making spring packs. Trial & Error.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just asking if anyone has done it before. We all know the stock fronts dont flex at all, i was asking if the main leaf (from a front) in a rear pack would flex.

And also if the pack would be able to clamp together since fronts are so flat, and rears are arched. I dont want the flat leaf hanging down away from the pack like the overload does.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
So whats your question?

If you read the RUF thread, you would know there isnt much of a "formula" for making spring packs. Trial & Error.
egg zachary. even if there were a formula, only trial and error will get you what YOU need. buy some spare u bolts and spring pins in case you need them.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
x3 this is something you have to try and modify till you get it right.

·
Registered
395 Posts
my pack right now consists of...

84 main rear
84 second rear
84 third rear
84 main front
84 second front
procomp AAL

i am happy with it. i get plenty of lift, flexs great... havent done much wheelin wiht it.. heres some posers

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, thats exactly what im looking for.
I looked at your photobucket pics and it looks like your springs arent too arched when sitting level. That will keep my rig nice and low.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts