Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of building a '75 Chevy K10. This will be strictly an off road truck used for trail rides, some rock crawling, and occasional mudding. I'm running 33x12.50 tires and want a 4" suspension lift. I plan on doing a shackle flip in the rear and new springs in the front. I've pretty much narrowed my choices for the front to either the Tuff Country EZ ride HD or the Skyjacker Softride. I have a heavy winch mounted on the front bumper so that's why I'm looking at the HD version of the EZ Ride. I want something that will ride decent, have good flex, is strong and durable, and won't start to sag after a few years. Out of these two choices which would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
With the sort of wheeling you want to do, either of those choices will sag over a year or so. Out of the two, I prefer skyjacker. They build a quality product for not a hell of a lot of coin. Never had a issue with their coil springs. However I dont have much experience with the leaf packs. I have a set of the skyjacker 52" long, 2" lift (6" total lift as 52's have 4" built in) under the front of my 6x6 project right now. And all I can say is "Meh." Just another set of springs. The feel like they will flex well.

Honestly, look into ORD's leafs. ^ They are built specifically for your model of truck and built to last. Yeah, you pay a bit more. But thats all quality. And yout want quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts