Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am wanting to put a locker up front in my CJ7. It is the stock Dana 30 with 4.11 gears. I have a lock right in the rear of the jeep and am very pleased with it. I have been looking at an Aussie locker too. I am going to try and install the locker myself ( had a shop install the rear locker)l

Between the two Lock Right and Aussie, is one easier to install?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not much difference as far as the install I THINK ..But the aussie has a better reputation for off road.....MY 2 cents

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the aussie has a better reputation for off road.....MY 2 cents
That's what I have been reading. I think I will go with an Aussie, they are chepaer too.

I just hope the istall isn't too bad. :D

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Ran them both in previous axles, wouldn't buy another lockright if yoiu paid me, based on older designs, inferior metalurgy (discolored steel, un-even tempering), and poor quality control (I actually had to grind and polish certain areas of my last lockright that were so bad they didn't even go together). Aussie however just seeps quality, has stronger springs and their customer service is top notch. You won't regret the aussie.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered the aussie. Now I just have to read through everything I can find online to get ready for the install.

If you have any more info or tips I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The install was going very smooth and I was getting ready to put the diff case back in the axle. I was cleaning the case off with some brake cleaner and when I picked it up off the bench one of the bearings came off and the rollers went everywhere. I don't know what to do now. I guess I will have to take it to a shop and have a new bearing pressed back on. I need some help on what to do. Thanks:shaking:

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
IIRC, they do have to be pressed on. I do not know why they woould just fall off like that

·
Banned
256 Posts
IIRC, they do have to be pressed on. I do not know why they woould just fall off like that
Lockrite is a good locker, but Aussie has a better warranty. They are virtually identical as far as size and function. I think Aussie was started by a guy who worked for Richmond gear (Lockrite).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts