Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil leak at the front main seal on my '87 fj60 (2F engine). I was just wondering how big of a pain this is going to be to fix, and what's a good time estimate (I'm pretty profficient with the tools). Looks like I'm going to have to take out the radiator so I'll have enough room to work. Anything else I should look at doing while I'm working in that area or any tips to make this job easier? Thanks

corytx

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's not required to take out the rad, but it makes your life a lot easier. Good time to go flush the coolant and have the rad looked at if needed.

Use breaker bar and starter to remove the crank nut. The rentable steering wheel puller from Autozone (or whatever) should have what you need if the pulley doesn't come off on its own.

You may need a speedi-sleeve if there are grooves. SOR et al sell the correct part. I forget the install torque for the pulley, but it's large.

It's not a difficult job, but don't break the pulley or put a hole in your rad ;).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks...

thanks for the tips guys. I was planning on taking out the rad just to make life easier and it would be a good time to flush the cooling system as it's going to start getting warm here soon ,hopefully:rolleyes:

oh yeah, anyone know where I could find some stock size springs for a good price, i would even consider a set of used ones (mine are really bad) that somebody might have taken off to do a lift or something. email me at [email protected].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.