Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys like your front shackles off the front of the frame? I've got a toyota I'm working on, and trying to keep the overall stance low. Shackles at the front of the spring seems like it might not be a bad idea. Have any of the zuki guys ever gone to shackles at the rear of the spring, and regretted it? If it matters, this is with a toyota front end. Thanks.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a shackle reverse on my samurai and don't regret it at all. I've seen people complain about reversed shackles that haven't done a shackle reverse, but very few complaints about them from people that have actually done them.

We're talking about lifted vehicles though. By low stance, are you saying you are lowering your ride? If that's the case, a shackle reverse mey not be a good option for you.

When the springs compress, the axel moves back slightly with a shackle reverse, its only about an inch at full compression, but it also drops the nose more at full compression. On a lifted vehicle this wouldn't matter much, but on a lowered vehicle with very minimal ground clearance you may be puting your front air dam or body kit into the pavement if you have to stand on the brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts