Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am putting a HP60/14bolt in my TJ - stretching the rear about 10". Do you guys think I will need to stretch the front to prevent the tires from rubbing my fenders at full stuff? I am running tube fenders.

Any thoughts appreciated, trying to avoid the work of stretching the frontend if I can.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I am putting a HP60/14bolt in my TJ - stretching the rear about 10". Do you guys think I will need to stretch the front to prevent the tires from rubbing my fenders at full stuff? I am running tube fenders.

Any thoughts appreciated, trying to avoid the work of stretching the frontend if I can.

thanks!
ive seen them rub and ive seen them clear.... depends on the fenders triangle panel thingamajigger. some are narrower then stock some are not. some are wider. measure up

·
Registered
374 Posts
Totally depends on fender design. If your tube fenders keep the stock iner fender then I would try to get as much out of the fron as possible with whatever steering set up you have. I think you can get a little over 2 inches with the stock box but gonna depend on your build. search TJ strech thers some great builds on here. 10" is alot in the rear. 113 wheelbase and 40's got almost 90 degree approach n departure angles front n rear. sorry I didn't pay attention to what amount i streched fr or rea just the total.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Totally depends on fender design. If your tube fenders keep the stock iner fender then I would try to get as much out of the fron as possible with whatever steering set up you have. I think you can get a little over 2 inches with the stock box but gonna depend on your build. search TJ strech thers some great builds on here. 10" is alot in the rear. 113 wheelbase and 40's got almost 90 degree approach n departure angles front n rear. sorry I didn't pay attention to what amount i streched fr or rea just the total.

Yep, depends on the fender, and you can stretch the front about 2 inches with the stock box.

My rig, BTF fenders, 2 inch front stretch, 40s, no rub. Here's some flex shots from the previous owner:

They probably wouldn't rub even without the 2 inch stretch because the BTF fenders have a smaller 'triangle panel thingamajigger' than most fenders.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7822446&postcount=10

1 - 4 of 4 Posts