Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under a buddy of mines stock 85 runner the other day and noticed that the stock torque rod was almost parallel to the draglink. On my 84 the torquerod had been extended before I got it to make up for the 5" susp lift but it is at a severe angle down in relation to the s- shaped draglink that is on my rig. It would be my guess that I need to fabricate a raised mount for the rod on the axle end to try to regain some of this geometry. I know that crossover is the way to go but I have until december before I graduate college so its out of the question right now. Thanks for any and all input.

-j-rOd

·
Registered
692 Posts
How about a drop torque rod. Mine had one when I got it. It ended up In the trash a few months back. Try a parts place for one.
Steve

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The drag link and torque arm are supposed to be at the same angle. You don't have to do anything to it until you're ready for the crossover. Then cut the torque arm mount off.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
if they are parallel when stock and you lift it they are still paralel, unless you changed one of the mounts they are still in the same relation to each other. Personally I ditched the torque arm

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My torque rod is not parallel to the actual part of the draglink coming off of the steering arm. It is more parallel to the curved part of the dropped draglink. I am gonna experiment with the raised mount on the axle to see if I can make my truck steer and handle a little better. Thanx fer de input fellas.

-j-rOd

·
Registered
97 Posts
The bend has nothing to do with it. Imagine a straight drag link between the two ends. This imaginary line should be parallel to the torque bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts