Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Toy 2wd plates and u-bolts for my rear, now what do I get for the front? Can I use Toyota 2wd rear plates on the front, or will that not work? And what about u-bolts?

·
Registered
386 Posts
<FONT COLOR="Red"> I've looked at doing this but haven't done it yet since I don't have crossover steering yet.

That being said, it looked like you could use two of the passenger side front u-bolt plates... Since you will already have one, you'll only need to find one more. Take a look at the one on the bottom of your front passenger side u-bolts and see for yourself whatcha think.
</FONT c>

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
it doesnt really matter what you use as long as the U-bolts are the right size to fit around the axle. on the rear I used Jeep plates, but have heard of people using 2wd chevy/toy/ford whatever... do the front just like the rear that is as long as you have crossover steering, otherwise you will have clearance issues with the steering

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can't do this w/out crossover huh? damn! oh well. for future reference, what do you use for u-bolts?

·
Registered
692 Posts
you can't do it with out cross over.
I used juck yard u bolts and plates.
$8 can't go wrong.
Steve

·
Registered
386 Posts
<FONT COLOR="Red"> Well... you COULD do just the passenger side, until the crossover gets done. I don't know what specific u-bolts to use, but Id start by taking some measurements of the housing and go from there. </FONT c>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts