Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going LS2 in my CJ and pulling my 5.3/LM7. This was a *really* fun and powerful combo to drive even with stock 2.7x gears and 33s. Nothing wrong with it, about 90K miles total on the motor; less than 20K of that in this Jeep. Runs great just found a deal I couldn't pass up. 90K is hardly broken in for the LS motors.

Now I want to turn some RPMs as this is a street vehicle. The SM is almost unbreakable but just won't be able to shift at 6500RPM. So I have to go automatic. :(

Looking to sell it all including headers, intake, shifter, Dana 300 adapter, driveshafts, etc. Pretty much a whole conversion minus wiring harness, front accessories, motor mounts.

Or might trade for a built 4l80e, converter, etch. or similar plus some cash. The SM465 setup and supporting bits was bought new from Novak in 2009 and has had few, occasional miles since. Took one head off to have a broken header bolt fixed(common issue on LS1s). Head is back from machine shop and I can pull the other head and install the head studs I had already purchased for it or put the one head back with factory or better replacement bolts if the new owner might want an all-stock motor.

Motor has nice stock 862 heads. I also have a nice set of 62K mile 862s I was going to try porting myself but never even disassembled them. And a set of 12K mile immaculate 853 heads from a 5.7.

Also have a factory 2000 LS1 Corvette cam and valve springs(40k miles) I was going to throw in to wake it up a bit. This, BTW, is the biggest and most desirable of the factory LS1 cams.

Set of GMPP "blue" spring and immaculate low mile LS7 factory cam.

So who wants to get serious with their Jeep and help me unload this stuff? :)

Located in Baton Rouge, LA.

Thanks for looking!

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
I didn't see a price. :confused: Required per the rules...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right. I think I would take $1800 for the whole lot. I think a decent deal considering the new cost of all of these items would be somewhere around twice that. Minus the second set of 862s. The seller never shipped so I got my money back. Should be a solid start to converting a CJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts