Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I need to clean house a bit and am sitting on some equipment which I need to sell off. All equipment is located in Sacramento, CA / Elk Grove, CA.

1. JMR Manual Tube Bender, degree ring with pointer, anti-springback and multiposition stand. This bender and all accessories are brand new and never used. $510 ($690 new for the same package from JMR). I bought a JMR Hydraulic bender instead of using this manual unit.

2. Taig CNC Mini Mill with servo/encoders, Gecko drives, breakout board, small vise, computer with Mach 3 and some accessories like drill chucks, collets, etc. It has both a TAIG spindle and the ER16 spindle, up to 10k RPM. This is a good mill to learn CNC basics. It will mill aluminum well and do engraving for dashboards. I built the machine in 2006 and invested over $4,500 mainly because I went the servo instead of stepper route. I'll sell for $2100 as a complete package. It needs a little tidying up but it works and has very low usage (probably 15 hours of machining time). At this point I don't need a CNC mill and when I do I'll buy a VMC.

3. Enco 52" 16GA stomp squaring shear with sharp blades. It has a back gauge and front material support arms for a front gage. The only damage on the unit when I bought it was a one of the front material arms was broke off because the owner bumped it with a forklift. I bought a replacement arm from Grizzly though I don't use the arms anyhow. I would say this is an early 90's vintage machine. No damage and cuts 16GA no problem. I bought a Niagara hydraulic shear so I don't need this. I built a small skid out of 4x4's and 2x6's to hold the machine and I have a pallet jack to help you load it. $850

4. 48" 16GA National Box/Pan brake. It's on a custom welded stand with wheels and has a counter balance welded onto it. Works well and includes all fingers which are undamaged. I have this at my other shop but I think it's made in the USA. Again I'm guessing a 90's vintage machine. $750 - these look to be selling for around $1300 new without a stand. I need a large brake or two magnetic brakes.

5. This is a tentative sale as I'm working out a deal for a larger drill press. Delta 17-950L 16-1/2" floor standing drill press. Low usage, big table, work light, side table accessory, excellent condition with a long stroke quill. This is around a 2007 vintage drill press with a few hours of use on it. $280

Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested in anything. Would prefer local sales if possible, otherwise you are responsible for freight and skidding fees. I'll post up pics during the next week or so.

Also willing to trade for a 4-5k LB capacity forklift in good working condition - LPG only.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I'm VERY interested in the shear, brake, and drill press.. I'm down in Livermore and could locally pick up the stuff...can you send me pics at [email protected] please. I could come up with a trailer this week..

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got dibs on them. I'll try to make it up to where I'm storing the shear and brake in South Sacramento to get some pictures this week. The drill press is here at my residence in Elk Grove but I'm not sure if I'll be selling it just yet because it's contingent on another deal I'm working going through for a larger drill press capable of tapping. I don't want to use my Acer 3VS E-Mill for general drilling/tapping to keep the wear and tear of that machine limited.

What kind of trailer do you have? The shear is around 1250 pounds and I don't have a forklift there to load. Same with the brake - it's on wheels though. When I moved them last I used a hydraulic tilting trailer and had no issues unloading them by myself using a pallet jack.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interested in the bender. I just live in Lodi. Can I come look at it on wednesday when I get back into town?
I'm not sure what my availability will be on Wednesday as I'm going back into work after being on vacation for almost two weeks. I'll get back to you on Tuesday after I get things figured out.

Also I got your email and it has the yellow degree ring and the pricing I listed from JMR reflects that. I put the billet degree ring on my hydro unit as it arrived with the sportsman ring. In all honesty the sportsman ring is easier to read.

I took the bender out of the box and that's it. It's never had a die mounted in it nor been attached to the stand. It's in the same condition as the day I received it. I was going to keep it for parts but could use the money for other equipment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure what my availability will be on Wednesday as I'm going back into work after being on vacation for almost two weeks. I'll get back to you on Tuesday after I get things figured out.

Also I got your email and it has the yellow degree ring and the pricing I listed from JMR reflects that. I put the billet degree ring on my hydro unit as it arrived with the sportsman ring. In all honesty the sportsman ring is easier to read.

I took the bender out of the box and that's it. It's never had a die mounted in it nor been attached to the stand. It's in the same condition as the day I received it. I was going to keep it for parts but could use the money for other equipment.
We got back earlier than we thought and I can come up on tuesday if that work better. If not I can on friday or the weekend.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
If something falls through with 4x4MuDmAn74 , put me in line for the shear, brake and drill press (I can wait on the drill press if and when you decide to sell). I'm in Chico and can pick up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,

I'm having a busy week so I will get pictures as soon as I can. I had to go to Modesto this afternoon to buy a forklift and my original plan was to get the pictures, however I need a forklift asap so I had to go where the deals are.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got back earlier than we thought and I can come up on tuesday if that work better. If not I can on friday or the weekend.
Friday may work but I need to go to Modesto when my lift gets picked up and transported back to Sacramento. Once I get the times firmed up I'll let you know. I'm also open during the weekend so that would work too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys,

I have been so damn busy lately it's not even funny.

Lester - give me a call in the next couple of days and we can hook up this week to get the JMR bender deal done. I need to go to Dees Meats down at Twin Cities and 99 for some BBQ supplies so perhaps we could meet in Galt? I'll email you my number.

I will get pics this week. I'm trying to open a small shop and if anyone has done this then you know the stress and time it takes. I'll do my best to get caught up this week.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Based on everything going on I have decided to delay any sales until I get it all moved to my commercial space and then I can sell from there. I understand that will piss some people off however I'll then have a forklift to help load and I don't have to run around to three different locations to show/sell this stuff. I'm moving as we speak and have a drop deck trailer rental scheduled for next week to move the remainder of my heavy equipment. Between work and trying to get my space ready it's eating up all of my time. I'm paying a lease and need to make use of the space as quickly as possible so while some money on the side would be nice, I need to get up and running sooner than later.

I'm still planning on selling:

- JMR Manual bender
- 52" Stomp Shear
- 48" Brake may not be sold until I buy a Baileigh 52" Magnetic one to replace it.
- Ellis 1600 Bandsaw with the vertical table and infeed rollers (Looking at a semi-automatic saw)
- Delta Drill Press (replacing with two Jet 20" DP20-EVS drill presses)
- Industrial Air 60 Gallon 155 PSI Vertical Compressor with ~10 hours on it (replacing with two 7.5 HP units, one of which is a rotary screw)

Then in a few months I'll have a 4x4 CNC plasma table available and a few other odds and ends after I build myself a new 5x10.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts