Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Ftoy chassis 522 from it's original owner "bunchr1". We built this chassis to a roller for Ronnie 2 years ago and he finished it out nicely. It's street legal with a NC plate!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346033284.391789.jpg

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picked up in Cookeville, TN Friday 8/24/12. Wheeled Golden Mountain RV park on 8/25/12. We got a bit of a late start since we were out til 4am learning the fine art of Bowfishing. That's another story.....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll be making some "personalization" changes including ARB's front and rear with taller gears, good seats like PRPs (to replace the cruel poly seats that are installed now), new trac bar, rework dash bars so my knees and shins don't get beat up so bad, and a list of other small items. Ronnie built this rig to be simple and reliable and I intend to stay with that theme. We will play with this rig and prep it for our "backup" KOH EMC car just in case we have issues with our EB project which is way behind schedule due to parts availability problems.

·
Not a Wenzelite
37,106 Posts
I'll be making some "personalization" changes including ARB's front and rear with taller gears, good seats like PRPs (to replace the cruel poly seats that are installed now), new trac bar, rework dash bars so my knees and shins don't get beat up so bad, and a list of other small items including generous areas of diamond plate and green paint. Ronnie built this rig to be simple and reliable and I intend to stay with that theme.
:flipoff2:

We will play with this rig and prep it for our "backup" KOH EMC car just in case we have issues with our EB project which is way behind schedule due to parts availability problems
:smokin:
Very cool.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The guy who bought mine took the ARB out the rear. I will check with him on price. Will need the copper hose replaced.

Cool to see you back in the Ftoy game. Curious how long I will stay away.

My Ftoy was the most capable rig I have ever seen. Dollar for Dollar it will be hard to beat the Ftoy combo.

Willl see how the v8 deal does in about 2 weeks.
Were getting close

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy who bought mine took the ARB out the rear. I will check with him on price. Will need the copper hose replaced.

Cool to see you back in the Ftoy game. Curious how long I will stay away.

My Ftoy was the most capable rig I have ever seen. Dollar for Dollar it will be hard to beat the Ftoy combo.

Willl see how the v8 deal does in about 2 weeks.
Were getting close
Yes please let me know on the locker.

Oh you'll love the V8 but you'll miss the simplicity of the Ftoy. I ride mountain bikes and I have a few bikes. My "good" bike is a fully decked out Dean 29er but I mostly ride my single speed. Why? It's just simple and fun. I can do just as much as s guy in a fully geared bike with less. Ftoy is no different. We should meet for a trail ride after you get your ride done. I'll do my best to make you look bad in my little Toyota buggy!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I hope you show up to KOH with a rig that has been driven before you get there. LOL It would be nice to shop up and just have fun for a change.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope you show up to KOH with a rig that has been driven before you get there. LOL It would be nice to shop up and just have fun for a change.
Agree!!!

Missed you at the Rubicon.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
V6 third with ARB.
Will need gears and ARB copper hose assembly installed,

will include new arb copper hose assembly

PM an offer plus shipping.
Pm sent

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any updates.
Yes. I spent a week riding mountain bikes near LA with Hobie then we rode the Rubicon Trail on our mountain bikes to the Marlin Roundup where there were at least 5 Hendrix chassis. My first time there. Had a blast, hung out with friends I don't get to see very often. Thanks Dad for hauling in all the food and drink for us!!!!! Then back home to work my ass off at the shop for a few days. Now I'm in FLA with my wife and daughter chillin at the beach. Oh the Ftoy is sitting at home with the same dirt we got on it at our Cookeville ride and probably going to stay that way for at least another month.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
V6 third with ARB.
Will need gears and ARB copper hose assembly installed,

will include new arb copper hose assembly

PM an offer plus shipping.
You have a PM!

Anybody got a phone number for Wes?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts