Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
My F-Toy is at FU2 right now for new shock mounts for my 2.5" shocks for the EMC and to get some cross members replaced. We are also going to be adding a back seat for the kids that will be replaced with a large propane tank and firewall for the race. I am going to be using a PRP Rhino/Teyrx seat (http://www.prpseats.com/Products/73-rhino-teyrx-bench-seat-w-cup-holders.aspx). PRP has always been good to me and this new seat looks awesome. It is 3 inches shorter and 42” wide and it has built in cup holders. At 42” it should be 35” at the base which will allow us to put the rear of the seat below the top of the frame arch to give a couple more inches of headroom. I’ll try to get some pictures as it progresses but the plan as of today is to do like Xchassis 14 but with a taller rear hoop for better head room and visibility. That could change once Bender starts slinging tube but I’m sure it will be for the better. Here is a pic of Xchassis 14 for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have not had any issues with the rear support tubes bending much with my roof extension. Mine has been on its lid a lot, and I have bent the additional tube a little, but the original down tubes (unsupported) have held up very well.
I will probably be pulling the premies out next year and putting a bench in there. Was thinking the rhino seat would work for mine as well. My biggest issue is since I moved the rear seats back to create some foot room, they are mounted higher on the curve of the frame and therefore, I lost a lot of headroom. I might recline the bench back more to lower the rear of the seat.

·
Not a Wenzelite
37,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you're remodeling for a bench anyway, I'd suggest dropping the bottom of the bench between the framerails--otherwise you'll be doing it anyway in a couple of years--even if it involves some shock and exhaust relocation.

Reclining the bench back to lower the rear will reduce legroom if the back of the bench is already against the shock hoop. This is where I'm at and I'm planning to angle the shocks back to preserve legroom.

Preemies--age 2-6
Bench on framerails--age 6-9
Bench between framerails (Need head room but can't drive)--age 9-12?

·
Registered
144 Posts
My first version of a four seater was a failure. The kids hated the bench seat. When the truck roled from side to side the kids would bash into each other. I went with preteen seats from prp. They take up the same amount of room and plenty of head room

·
Registered
464 Posts
The kids hated the bench seat. When the truck roled from side to side the kids would bash into each other.
That is the main reason I bought the PRP bench with the cup holders. The cup holders are in a center cushion area that should serve as a bolster to keep them on their own sides. I’ll post pictures if I ever remember to take them.

·
Registered
738 Posts
:lmao:

Monkeys might fly out of my ass first.

Rig has been completed for 3 years. Wifey has never ridden in it.
She was in the 4Runner maybe 3 times in the 4 years I was wheelin' it. It's not her thing. :laughing:

A kid buggy is a lot more likely. I'm thinking a UTV-sized rig with a street bike engine and narrowed 7.5" Toy IFS diffs and a-arms front and rear. :evil:

Oh, wait, that would be fun for me, too!!

If I go that quick/easy bar location like #92, I think I'll just weld that bar to the back down tubes.

"Prettiest FToy ever" had the same hoop:

If I put that in, something tells me I'd want to not leave those nodes unsupported.
Maybe I'm over-thinking it.
Is there a build thread for this f-toy? Looking at doing a 5 seater and getting rid of my '91 4runner body

nevermind I found it many many pages back

21 - 33 of 33 Posts