Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 303 Posts

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
besides possibly smashing you on the shitter, it might crush that new project which would be a real shame......:crybaby2:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Well, at least you have plenty of firewood.
I guess you could use pine, but we never did. Burns to fast and pops like crazy.

Growing up we even cut down like 15 full size pines (same reason, close to the house). We usually ended up taking the trunks and branches to the local dump, which had a section specifically for trees. The rest was raked up and burned in our burn pile.

We had plenty of room to fall the trees ourselves, which was fun :-D It's a pretty neat event to see huge trees fall.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Ok Tim, what happening with this ?
snow wheeling the whole time and no work ?
Ha Ha! Yep, running the snot out of the little one, we've had 2 good storms and a good one coming in the week. Here is two pics. I tried making it into Wentworth springs last week. I had lunch here, I had to have some liquid courage to push through this water crossing.

001.jpg
006.jpg

I'm always tinkering on the big on. I tied the front of the cage into the frame, forgot to take a pic of that..................Got the radiator inlet pipe cut and welded and fan shroud finished,.......................throttle cable made and installed,...............Oh, got these Battle Born 17x9 4 1/2 back set bead locks. I'm waiting on my new wheel studs and lug nuts. Next will be a fuel sender unit for my Jazz fuel cell, I thinkin' it's going to be a pain in the ass, I may have to pull the cage to drill a big ass hole in the tank. Then new gauges and electrical. It's getting close enough to start a punch list. Want to see my new spiffy wheels? $1399.70

wheels1.jpg
wheels4.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
A quick update: Not too much time spent on FUBAR lately, just been tryin' to survive this winter. Lots of snow wheelin' and maintenance on the little one. But all of the loose ends are coming together. Lots of time spent on doing each small project, which is frustrating, but needs to be done in a specific order because each project relates to each other. It seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Electrical is my current project. Anyway, I'm trying to make summer wheelin' the goal, I'm worried about all the little gremlins after start up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Really looking good!!! I also had to come to the realization of Big vs Little. Little is sand only, and family. Some might not appreciate the side lights, but I get it. I'm putting under the side mirrors to prevent the blast back.

Looks Killer. I guess you don't need tent space as you could wheel the Rubicon to Tahome for lunch and back for a nice warm shower.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Thanks guys for the complements, I decided to put 4" round LED brake lights on the trailer queen today. It just looks kinda plain back there.

bower, yea I can go to Back Island for lunch and be home for dinner. Or supper if your down south. :D

It warmed up to 56 deg. today, now I'm feelin' kinda under the gun to get some more progress. Or I'm gunna send it to Oregon and let Oldtimingman finish it. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Well, I thought I would do a quick update today. I’m pretty much through with snow wheelin’ this year. I made it out every week and a few twice a week. Now the spring thaw is on and slush sucks. So now I’m on my dirt bike for spring riding.
I took a couple pics this morning before starting to work on FUBAR. I think I only have 4 wires to hook up now. Positive, negative, coil and tach wires, gas and antifreeze, and bleed the brakes again. I think cutting brakes have air bubbles and I can’t seem to get them out yet. I could probably try starting it today (?).

The first pic is the new fuel sending unit in the fuel tank. I had to lift the cage up a couple feet to drill the hole and have room to work

20190421_091014.jpg

I put the tail lights in and got them workin’, just brake and tail light.

20190421_091123_001.jpg

The dash is finally done. I used VDO Vision gauges, they are the cheap ones but should be ok. They look good at night with the lights turned on. The whole dash wiring is accessible by removing the dash bolts and laying it on the trans tunnel.

20190421_091216.jpg

This is my storage area under and behind the seats. I still have to buy a battery to put under the passenger side seat. I bought 4 nylon bags at Home Depot to put tools and supplies in under the seats. I still need to purchase an ARB twin air compressor for behind the passenger side seat next to the battery. The cage is plumbed in as an air tank on the passenger side. I think I can still be able to get my sleeping bag and tent stowed away back there…

20190421_091430.jpg

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
You're in the home stretch! a couple wires and you're rolling.

Get that thing fired up and a trip around the driveway and you'll be pumped to finish!

Oh and don't fuck yourself up on that damn motorcycle again!

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
You're in the home stretch! a couple wires and you're rolling.

Get that thing fired up and a trip around the driveway and you'll be pumped to finish!

Oh and don't fuck yourself up on that damn motorcycle again!
Yea the bikes been killin' me slowly for years now broken bones are ok the ICU sucks.
OK the thing started yesterday 1 turn and it fired right up. FN amazing but my headers start glowing red after a couple minutes. I have the timing set at 8 deg. I'm thinkin' I will check the rockers maybe there all to tight? I only have about 15 minutes of run time on it, But it sounds real snappy. I had a few water leaks, easy fix. brakes are good hydro steering is still burping a little air but works. :D

181 - 200 of 303 Posts