Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 303 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
When I first switch to electric fan, I was worried about it. I carried my Flex fan and bolts with me on all the trips. I no longer carry any of it with me.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Oh really ? for the water to hit your fan doesn't have to be that high! you didn't go through all that Tons install and 40s for nothing!

" and I'm not crossing " we'll decide!
:):)Thats one place I dont play with.I check on Dream Flow before I go.I hate water like you hate snow:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
He's not kidding, On the full monty run Hutch wouldn't go to dirty dozen because of the water crossing :D.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Dilly!! Dilly!!

Well I got my rack almost done. I still have to pressure test it for my air tank in back and heater in front, build a bracket for the steering column, then off to powder coat. I ran into a problem with the gas pedal, I think I'm going to pull the tub off and move the firewall a couple inches to move the pedal forward. I feel like I have to hold my foot back in an uncomfortable position, I'll just fix it.

I've been building a steering column for the past few days, and trying to find a place to mount the orbital valve. The best spot seems to be under the master cylinders, on the firewall. I should have gotten closer with the pic, the valve is only going to be 1" from the #7 header pipe. I'm thinkin' I'll wrap it with some heat wrap I have and bolt a small heat shield on the orbital valve. I'm hoping the heat is not going to be a problem.

I finally got my 2" drop base air cleaner from Holley, it fits under the hood with about 3/4" to spare:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I spent the whole day getting my steering column in, just sitting in it with a steering wheel was a good feeling. :D I thought I would flex it out but the engine hoist wheel broke off, I thought it was going to flip over, and would not go any higher.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
looks awesome! Nice work.

I had a similar issue with the same throttle pedal set up. Take a look at a stock CJ/YJ pedal. I found it fit the bill without further firewall mods. Just a thought for you.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
looks awesome! Nice work.

I had a similar issue with the same throttle pedal set up. Take a look at a stock CJ/YJ pedal. I found it fit the bill without further firewall mods. Just a thought for you.
I have been dwelling on this problem since I first sat in the seats but keep thinking it would work out with a couple adjustments, it didn't. I'm pretty bummed. I have to take it back down to a rolling chassis again, at least a week or two job. But driving for hours with my right leg in an uncomfortable position would suck. Well, like they say, "the devil's in the details".

101 - 120 of 303 Posts