Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current fuel cell will not allow the buggy to run on steep climbs. It is the Smmit square looking on 17"x17". I am gonna build a smaller 10"x10"x12" tall cell. What i am thinking is putting a plate in half way up with a hole in the center. This will help hold the fuel in the bottom at the pick up and not run out on steep stuff, but still allow for fuel to drain into the sump when needed. Will this work?

I know about the Weblo pickups and such but I am building a new cell to make some room in the back of the buggy also. So I and looking for the best way to keep it from starving for fuel on climbs.

Toddy

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
10 x 10 x 12 is 5 gallons

1/2 way up is too far.

build a SMALL sump in the bottom, and baffle 1/2 way like you said.

if you have a return line from the engin make sure it feeds into the sump as well. As far away from the pickup as possible, but still in the sump.

some sump pics from our last 2 cells.

in my FSB. "Internal" sump.

dads EB, external" sump.

both have performed flawlessly at all angles.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Here's mine. It fits behind the seats in the area created by the tilt of the seat backs. Since you said you are trying to free up the back area of your buggy this could be an option.

There is no internal baffle or sump but due to the shape I've never run out of fuel at any angle. It holds 20 gallons and with the seats in you can barely see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts