Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Looks nice. Man, these things are coming out of the wood work! I just saw another just like it earlier tonight! :cool:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That looks real good man!

For those of us looking to do something similar soon; what thickness did you go with and what welding process?

cmk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cmk said:
That looks real good man!

For those of us looking to do something similar soon; what thickness did you go with and what welding process?

cmk
Its made from 14 gauge SS purge welded with a tig.I have two baffles and a sump.Im sealing the inside with POR 15 then I ll pressure test it.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Bitchin cheb! Dig the air reel behind the driver.

Few questions- do you think your fenders/steps will hold up? Or do you plan on reinforcing those later? What's the "cage" made of? How many hours do you think you have into your cell? How much fuell will it hold? What are you using for a filler neck? Are you using anything for a fuel level sender, or some sort of sight glass?

I'm saving those images, hope you don't mind :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MR4WD said:
Bitchin cheb! Dig the air reel behind the driver.

Few questions- do you think your fenders/steps will hold up? Or do you plan on reinforcing those later? What's the "cage" made of? How many hours do you think you have into your cell? How much fuell will it hold? What are you using for a filler neck? Are you using anything for a fuel level sender, or some sort of sight glass?

I'm saving those images, hope you don't mind :D
Yeah Im going to put another brace from the corner to the frame and a few more up top and behind the window.The sub frame serves as my air tanks also.Theres about 8 hours cutting and bending and another 8 in welding the tank.It holds 40gals.
Its made of .095 x1.75 HREW.
Im still waiting on my filler neck and sending unit from Summit.

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
crwln73 said:
Its made from 14 gauge SS purge welded with a tig.I have two baffles and a sump.Im sealing the inside with POR 15 then I ll pressure test it.

you know you did something cool, when you get swamped by peeples asking questions:

" // " , " + " or "other" style baffles? any specific decision to go with a design in particular, or just eyeballed it?

that's one of my top ten "to do list", is a good fuel cell.

very nice looking work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UZI 9mm said:

" // " , " + " or "other" style baffles? any specific decision to go with a design in particular, or just eyeballed it?

that's one of my top ten "to do list", is a good fuel cell.

very nice looking work.
The baffles are Kinda Z shaped welded to the bottom then drilled and plug welded on top.They have a 45* angle cut at each corner to let fuel pass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts