Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am draining fuel out of my charcoal canister and it comming from the gas tank from the vapor line, any one knows why this is happening? Thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
you have the vent line and the return line mixed up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fprbrooks said:
you have the vent line and the return line mixed up.
That's what i thought however after checking the lines they look proper. the line that goes to the tank from the canister is attached to the far right fuel line when facing the tank that is the vapor line.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Nav said:
That's what i thought however after checking the lines they look proper. the line that goes to the tank from the canister is attached to the far right fuel line when facing the tank that is the vapor line.
If it is on the same plate that the feed line is on that is the return line, which goes all the way to the bottom of the tank. You have the return line hooked to the vent fitting which is pressurizing the tank and pushing gas into the CC. My vent line is towards the front of the tank.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plate holds the feeed line then the return line which goes all the way to the bottom and then the vapor line this is the line that fuel is comming out of to the cc.

·
Registered
271 Posts
lots of dirt getting past air cleaner

is your truck running rough? Did you do some wheeling recently in a very dusty area?

My truck had the exact same problem, but it was tough to keep it at idle. I had just gotten back from a wheeling trip where there was a lot of fine dirt. I checked my air filter and it was shot and it was not seated properly, I could see that the fine dust had gotten through into the carb.
I pulled the carb apart, cleaned up all the goo that had collected, put it back together, and it ran great.

gas coming from charcoal canister:

Fine dust in air cleaner box:

here is what happens to your carb when all that dust gets past the air cleaner:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is an EFI, the filter looks good and I also have not done any wheeling. Did a 22r to 22re engine. There was no leak prior to the swap.

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
Open your fuel cap and see if your tank is under pressure.

Make sure your vent line is going on to the proper metal line on the fuel tank sending unit / fuel pump tank mounting plate. It's the shorty line protruding into the tank about an inch or so.

I've seen it happen on both 22r and 22re engines.

I doubt dust getting past the air filter has anything to do with this on a EFI. To bad on red85toy's dusting - that much can and will kill an engine fast.

red85toy
Pull the front valve cover crankcase vent tube and plug the intake manifold side (big vac leak otherwise - use your finger) run your engine til it's warmed up, pull tube, plug with finger, and see how much smoke comes out valve cover. If it's allot = compression blow by = rings are toast. This won't take much more than a tea spoon of dirt to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts