Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i messed up my carb tune. im tuning it back in and noticed it was dripping from the boosters. i raised the float and lowered the float no change . i checked the fuel pressure 6 psi. what could it be.

·
Debauchery Wizard
9,852 Posts
more details.....what carb? how did you tune it? details. what do you mean you raised and lowered the float?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a holley 750dp. i was trying to lean the idle out and my motor diddnt like it. it makes a bad off idle stubble its weird. ive got to keep the idle higher like 900 then it transitions better. the motors built a little. just noticed it dripping. its running fair now at low rpms but that might change when i figure out why its dripping . the secondaries dont drop. i wounder if the needel and seat are leaking in the float boal .

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
If you richened the idle mixture too much and had to compensate by cranking the idle up you may be idling off the boosters. In other words the throttle plates may be open allowing fuel to dump from the boosters at idle.
I would start from scratch.
Set the float levels. Double check your ignition timing. Adjust the idle mixture screws out 1.5-2 turns and fire it up to see where you re at. Of course check for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my idle screw is hardley open(primary side). its dripping when the motor is off to so im going to pull the carb clean it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts