Those of you running subject engine, are running

TBI
CMFI
MFI

Why did you choose the system your running???...09

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I presume you mean CPFI for Central Point Fuel Injection, 92-95...
which is what I am running, and chose it only because I ran into a deal on the engine and tranny combination.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My shop manual(Chiltons) calls it Central Multi-Port Fuel Injection and abbreivates it CMFI. That all I know, we may be talking about the same thing. I'm not really up on fuel injection to much. I have a S15 Jimmy with throttle body and nearly 200K on it and have had no trouble with it. That about the extent of my experience with fuel injection....09

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
TBI seems to be the most common because its so damn simple to set up, I run it because my rig came factory with it! :flipoff2:

<------ The avatars my dads junk its got a TBI 3fitty because TBI is so damn simple to set up :flipoff2:

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
4.3 TBI is on the way... bought it cause it's damn simmple....:)

MFI would be nice, but I am not a masochist (at least not around my truck!)

·
Registered
737 Posts
TBI in my buggy, easy to wire, easy to tune, easy to diagnose.

You lose some horses compared to the later systems, but you end up with a darn near foolproof system.

Andy

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am running a 95 4.3 with the CFMI system. I am running it because I got the engine with 20k miles on it for $300. It is not the engine I would recommend. It has plenty of power etc. but the injection system in that engine was only run that one year. I would recommend a 96+ system. They have more horsepower, a better fuel injection system and there are several companies that are now making wiring harnesses / computers for it. There were none at the time I put my 4.3l in. The TBI model is simpler but produces about 30hp less and is less fuel efficient on top.

Ben

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys guys, sorta confirmed my suspicions(sp).

Does anyone know if the injector electrical leads could be "Y'ed and run 2 throttle bodies (4barrel) off of one computer??? Just thinking out side the box a little. ..09

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I like the old TBI units as the Vortecs and such need like over 60PSI of fuel at the intake to run. That means hard lines, expensive pumps, more work and worry. Can't patch a busted fuel line with duct tape anymore!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts