Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my friend has a '72 bronco with a 460, carbed. my other friend might be parting out a '90 F350 with a EFI 460. how hard would it be to put the fuel injection set-up in the 72 bronco? he can get all the wireing and sensors, but will it be more of a PITA than its worth? will the stock EFI work with a slightly warmed over 460? any info is much apreciated.
thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You will have to swap the heads, lower and upper intakes and everything related to that. I'm not sure if you'll have to swap the cams as well to get it to run properly.

I'd say it'd be easier to swap both complete engines at once rather than tearing the top end down on both engines.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, but the EFI 460 burns like 3 quarts of oil per tank, that's the main reason they're parting it out. hmn, i didnt know about the heads, but it makes sense. i was wondering what sensors would be needed and how much of a pita the wiring would be.

·
Registered
78 Posts
what are you looking to gain from all of this? I say stick with the carb, cause swapping isn't going to be easy. Be sure the gain is worth all your time and trouble, is the carbed engine that bad off? I looked at fuel injecting the 460 i'm building and well frankly its costs incredibly too much and not worth it to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts