Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the Motorcraft 2100 off of an AMC 304 onto the 258 today. She runs much better than the BBD - yet I'd like it to be better.

Searched and didn't come up with much on how to tune it the best...have a tough time getting her to idle below 900 RPM smoothly. Any lower and she want to cought and sput. also, coming off idle there's a bit of a hesitation. Any Info / Sources for getting her set up better?

What do most people do with the vent coming off the back of the valve cover that used to go back into the air cleaner...plug off or reroute into the new air cleaner?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I put the valve cover vent back to the new air filter. As far as tuning it can't help you with that I have the 1.01 and not getting the same power as the old carter.

·
Registered
732 Posts
DON'T PLUG THE HOLE IN THE VALVE COVER!!!!

Jeeps use both holes for the PCV system - the hose that goes to the air filter is the intake for the PCV and the one with the PCV valve in it is the outlet. Both must be functional or your engine will quickly resemble the Exxon Valdez due to oil leaks.

Reattach the hose to the air filter or put some sort of intake filter on it. You want the air to be filtered since it's being sucked into the oiling system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts