Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal. I took my bed off, Fabed up a 3 link coils in the rear and moved the gas tank right behind the cab. Now I need a place or a web site or a phone number where I can get a longer fuel pressure line. I need a way to extend it about 4'. Any body have anything I can use or a way it can be done? Thanks Jason Ratcliff

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you're going to cut the fuel line and simply clamp a rubber hose between the two ends of the metal line, I'd suggest that you at least make an iso-style flare or some kind of well-formed lip at the ends of the steel lines.

Otherwise, the hose might blow off or be easily torn off when wheeling.

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
I dropped an EFI tank out of a truck I was working on for a guy. I had to replace the Fuel pump in the tank, old one crapped out. While I was installing the new pump I noticed that they only use a short piece of rubber fuel line between the top out put nipple on pump and metal fuel line. They just use those pliers squeeze type hose clamps. I think the only reason they use such high pressure metal + rubber w/flare fittings is to eliminate any possibility of a fuel leak out side the tank.

On this same truck someone had at one time replaced the fuel pump already and must have had trouble getting the line fittings loose. The threaded ends were cut off and they put a regular fuel line in-between then double screw hose clamped it. I had no choice but to do the same for the guy at that point.

You would have a hell of a time replacing the metal line above the frame rail.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I just bought some EFI rubber hose and cut the theaded end off and flared it and dubble hose clamped it. It worked great Thanks Jason

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad to know it works...so far I have not had any problems with mine "blowing" off, its double clamped and flared.... If you ever do have any problems, let me know, so I can remedy mine before having an enviromental disaster! thanks
--
Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts