Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am runing a 22re in my sammi.
I am moving the axle back and need to run a fuel cell now.

I have a fuel cell but it looks like the stock in tank fuel pump wont work to well without cutting cell.

What have you guys done or are doing???

what would you guys recomend for External electric pump???

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Use an external pump from an efi celica.... if you search for that on here youll find a lot more than I know. But that oughta do the trick for your fuel pumping needs.

good luck

-j-rOd:D

·
Registered
921 Posts
Just did the exact same thing.... Picked up an external pump for an 89 F-150 w/ the 302. Part number E2000 from AutoZone $75.99

We just hashed this out in General 4x4

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
run the hose up between the seat's ahd get one of those squeeze bubble thing's like for priming a boat motor :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The Celica pump is part # E8000 see what the price difference is. If it's close go with the one for the Celica.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That's very cool to know...

The E2000 has hose barbs on each end.... if it makes a difference to your application.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you get the a new celica pump you will have to try anfind something to adapt to the out side of the pump. Good luck trying to find a fitting for it. It is like 14mm 1.0 thread. I took mine back and went with a Bosch 300 HP pump that has barbs at both ends. If you go to the yard and get a celica pump make sure you get the hose with the banjo fitting and the silencer. Dealer price for the hose is $117 and the silencer is $130. Good luck. I was no going to pay that much for a pump ready to go.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I don't understand why everyone insists on using a Celica pump. Any auto parts store carrys generic electric frame rail EFI pumps that have plenty of volume for a 22re. The fuel pressure regulator on the Engine controls overall pressure by feeding the excess back through the return line, so almost any pump can be used.
The only difficulty with plumbing is attaching to the stock fuel filter. The steel line is standard size, 5/16" if I remeber correctly, the fitting is just weird. You can either cut the fitting off and reflare the line with a common size end or just use a compression fitting to mate the fuel filter end to the hard line you run up from the pump.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Even if you use a 3/8 npt dual barb fitting off the fuel filter and it will work, and run a soft EFI hose it will work. I will go this route because of the headaches of trying to adapt all of that shit to work. I will just tuck it up as so not to get it ripped out from under the truck on any obstacle. I beat my self up over this and it was just not worth it. Like zags said, any rail pump will work fine. Mine is a 300 HP pump with push lock fittings on both ends. problem solved with fittings.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Electric Fuel Pump Problem

I hooked up the electric Pump.
Its from an 89 ford F-150

hooked it up the way you are supposed to Power to swintched + Ground to - and It worked great.

Went out to start the truck and No Go. The fuel pump decided not to work. Power to Wire going into pump.

Any Ideas what would make a pump take a poop so quick?

Here is my setup.

Fuel Cell in Bed of Samurai (22re in in samurai) with lines running under truck into fuel pump run into truck motor . Return line back into the Cell. Fuel pump is mounted right under fuel cell.

Fuel pump does not function at all. ..............It has a lifetime waranty but I dont want to be doing this all the time. Pump purchased from Checkers Auto parts.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
flexlarson said:
Electric Fuel Pump Problem

I hooked up the electric Pump.
Its from an 89 ford F-150

hooked it up the way you are supposed to Power to swintched + Ground to - and It worked great.

Went out to start the truck and No Go. The fuel pump decided not to work. Power to Wire going into pump.

Any Ideas what would make a pump take a poop so quick?

Here is my setup.

Fuel Cell in Bed of Samurai (22re in in samurai) with lines running under truck into fuel pump run into truck motor . Return line back into the Cell. Fuel pump is mounted right under fuel cell.

Fuel pump does not function at all. ..............It has a lifetime waranty but I dont want to be doing this all the time. Pump purchased from Checkers Auto parts.
Check the ground wire with an ohm meter. Go from the pump neg. terminal to somewhere on the the frame. It should have less than 5 ohms resistance.
High resistance in the relay can sometimes show enough current to light a test light but not enough to run the pump too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts