Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do a search, but Iam not finding what I want. Iam putting a fuel cell in my XJ. I just put one in a YJ, I use an alum. cell and cut a sguare hole in it and mounted the factory YJ pump in it, It turned out slick and simple. Can I use a YJ pump instead of my XJ pump any diffrences? My XJ has the round pump with the lock ring it wount just bolt on.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm runnin a Mallory 55psi external pump through two filters.
One before the pump and one after.The return line is plumbed back into the bottom of fuel cell.Works great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a pump off a f150
it is external and can mount to the frame.
i didnt go ahead with my cell so its for sale if you want it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the cell. I was just wanting to use the YJ pump, so if I was out somewhere and it shit on me, I could get on at a parts store quick and easy! Just wondering if the YJ and XJ pumps are different besides the mounting?

·
Registered
589 Posts
You did not give the year for either vehicle but if they are both pre-96 you can use a the same pump. I BELIEVE, that after 95 they went with a single line fuel system that has a regulator on the pump in the tank. You can still use the same pump but you cannot interchage the fuel pumps from the two fuel systems

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
go with a ford external pump. e2000 i belive is the part #. I'm sure that ANY parts store in the us will have one on their shelves. whereas your in-tank pump "could" be a "yeah-----riiight" in some areas.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
ScottDeLano said:
You did not give the year for either vehicle but if they are both pre-96 you can use a the same pump. I BELIEVE, that after 95 they went with a single line fuel system that has a regulator on the pump in the tank. You can still use the same pump but you cannot interchage the fuel pumps from the two fuel systems
The fuel pump in the tank change took place in '97, with the change over to plastic tanks.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone give me the year for the ford pump, Ill check that out. Part # is great but with the part stores around here, your lucky if they even know what a fuel pump is :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went hunting through parts books and found it should work great rated at 30-45 psi. with a max shut off at 95 psi. Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I changed my mind Whille the E2000 pump works, It doesnt pump as much as a stock XJ pump, I used a pump out of an late model VW beetle.
Jeep 92 XJ pump G.P.M. 45 psi. Max shut off 90 - 110 psi.
Ford E2000 G.M.P. 30-40 psi. max shut off 70-95 psi
VW E8305 G.M.P. 45 psi. Max shut off 100-110 psi.

I figure the closer to stock the better :D

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
thats some great info there FlxnXJ how about some particulars on the VW pump, year of car, model, etc. for those of us with parts guys like yours, barely know what a fuel pump is. ;)

Thanks again for the info. looks like a much better alternative than the ford pump :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was for VW's and Audi's, the year for the VW was acually around 79. I didnt look at the years under the Audi. The part # was E8305. You could cross referance the number in a parts catalog. If you need more let me know and Ill find it the info. again ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts