Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I've been messing with this pesky fuel pump in the Range Rover off and on over the past few months. Here's what's happening.

I had to replace the factory supply line from the fuel pump to the fuel pump fitting main body. It's about 6-7 inches long, made out of some clearish-yellowish convoluted tubing that's pretty stiff. It had a crack in it so I replaced it with some regular fuel hose. Problem is, the fuel hose cracked because the outer layer is NOT fuel resistant. It's a problem because the fuel pump sits INSIDE the tank. :(

I'm looking for some 3/8ths hose that is fuel resistant from the inside *AND* outside. I have scoured the main hose shops here in Vegas and am turning up empty handed.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks OS.

I thought I was going to the right place! They are the biggest Aeroquip dealer in Vegas.

Weird thing about this town honestly, I thought that it would be easier to find just the right 'stuff' for the job.

I didn't realize just how good I had it in Portland. Nor did I realize what a huge industrial infrastructure that town had. We were able to find damn near anything within a 10-20 minute drive.

We usually had open accounts at all the good places too. Now it's just like I'm starting over, but I can't find the right shops. :(

I'll go back and ask them about the nitrile hose.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you 'da man.

thx.

edit: for the archive...

The LR fuel pump operates at 37psi, so any replacement tubing should be rated for at least this, preferably higher.

·
Registered
660 Posts
hosed

I was gonna suggest aeroquip - saw their stuff in the new Summit catalog I received yesterday.... Mike if you need me to pick something up for you, you know I'll take any opportunity to get out of the office to screw the pooch. Today's out though - I have an all day hearing. PM me if you need some Portland help.
Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts