Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever put a fuel cell inside a 4 runner? I'm wanting to 4-link 4runner but not sure where I can put the tank. This may be a dumb ? but is it safe to put a fuel cell inside? If so how do you baffel the tank so you don't run out of fuel (going up or down step hills)? Thanks if anyone has any pic's that would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
I'll see if I have any pics, but I removed the rear seat on my 2nd gen, and put my tank sideways in the back. I built a frame that the tank bolts to, and the frame bolts in where the seatbelts mount on either side, and where the latch was for the seat(when you fold it back up).
I just lengthened the lines with rubber fuel line and hose clamps, oddly enough I did it so I could go wheeling that weekend and even though I think that was hack, I still haven't changed it because I've had no issues all summer.

Jeremy

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would really like to see pics of that. I was thinking of doing somthing similar!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 16 gal black polyethylene fuel cell with mounting straps, a fuel level sender and a 45 degree filler neck and cap to replace the flush style cap if needed. It is 25"x17"x9" with a low point for the fuel pick up. It also has a rollover valve in the vent line for safety. I had it in my '84 p/u and it looks way better than a stock tank. It is like new and I will sell and ship it all to you for $150. Send me a pm if you want it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rolled 84 toy said:
I will be at the supercraw this year if you want to pick it up there for $120.
Dude I got your phone# from your add I live in Cincy in Eastgate area.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you think it O.K. to put the tank inside. So what about baffeling the inside of the tank? :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts