Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
that thing looks awesome . really nice job!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thats some excellent work, looks better then the stocker and of course hell of alot stronger. I'd imagine the frame would fail before the cage haha.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well for just a garage guy, you do great work. Please keep the pictures coming.
Thanks! Some new pics on the way.

that thing looks awesome . really nice job!!
Thank you.

Thats some excellent work, looks better then the stocker and of course hell of alot stronger. I'd imagine the frame would fail before the cage haha.

Thanks. I agree, the frame would definitely fail before the cage. I have considered making a sub-frame to attach to the cage for the seats to bolt to. I kina feel uneasy having the lap belts attaching to the toothpick frame and the shoulder harnesses mounted to the cage. Maybe I will do that mod down the road.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Needed a way to attach the side/net bars to the cage, so I cut off the old mounts from the stock cage and welded to the new.

Got some paint on it over the past few days and have gotten the cage bolted to the RZR. I used Rustoleum black "hammered". It turned out pretty well. It is more of a dark gray than a black however. Matched the seats and plastic pretty good. Overall I am happy.

Next I will be making the harness mounts and a spare tire carrier that I had been planning to make. I will post those in this thread as well. I won't be active for the next week or so due to moving back to Arizona. Take it easy!

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
damn, that is a tank now, 1 3/4 is more than I used in a bunch of places on my buggy :eek:

Looks awesome, great work :) Roll it!! the mounts should holdn ow too, tweaking th eframe I guess is your concern ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts