Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are made to support the spindle for axle housing narrowing of Dana 60's, 70's or GM 14 Bolt housings. They also fit the Dana 60 front spindles too. They are turned from solid 7075 so the threads are true to the bore so your alignment is right-on. After one housing you have them paid for. The photo shows the FF jigs on top of the carrier cap jigs.
$250 for the pr
Add $85 for a pr of carrier pucks
Add $200 for an 84" heat treated, hard chrome plated, jig bar.
Or $450for the whole kit.
Semifloat kit goes for $375

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
These work great!!! I have a set from him that I bought probably 7 years ago and still use them to this day. Great, easy to use product, that makes building custom width rear ends pretty much fool proof. :)

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These work great!!! I have a set from him that I bought probably 7 years ago and still use them to this day. Great, easy to use product, that makes building custom width rear ends pretty much fool proof. :)
Glad you like them. These are now 7075 rather than 6061 so I expect the life span to be even greater than ever. I built my first set of these about 10 years ago and still use them today.

·
Registered
238 Posts
These are made to support the spindle for axle housing narrowing of Dana 60's, 70's or GM 14 Bolt housings. They also fit the Dana 60 front spindles too. They are turned from solid 7075 so the threads are true to the bore so your alignment is right-on. After one housing you have them paid for. The photo shows the FF jigs on top of the carrier cap jigs.
$250 for the pr
Add $75 for a pr of carrier pucks
Add $150 for a jig bar.
Or $400 for the whole kit.

Do you have anything for Sterling 10.25?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if they fit or not. I wouldn't doubet it but you would have to do some measuring for me find out spindle OD and carrier cap OD.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could use a set for ford nine large bearing carrier to use with 1.500 shaft
$325 for the semifloat jig set. The ones for the housing ends fit both set 10 and set 20 bearings.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
already have a bar... what size bar hole do you machine in these? would you sell just 1?
Just mic your bar and let me know what it is so I can send you the right one. I have a few different sizes but all 1.500 to 1.509 is the span. I am willing to sell just one and that is $150

·
Registered
215 Posts

Great quality, I appreciate the quick turn around with the special order. He machined out a bushing or me down to 1.25"s for the bar I already had Very good to work with, quick communication. Very happy with the way it turned out. Can't wait to use it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Would you make ends to do a Ford small bearing? I usually do big, but have been doing some small bearing axles for Mustangs running Versailles brakes lately.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure. I might even have some here already done. They are $65pr

Would you make ends to do a Ford small bearing? I usually do big, but have been doing some small bearing axles for Mustangs running Versailles brakes lately.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dean, what do you charge to narrow a rear end? i could probably get away with lopping one side off/ weld new spindle and resplining the existing shaft(dana70)... thanks
You will need a replacement shaft or find one from the junkyard that is the width you want that we can cut to. stock full float shafts are not resplineable due to the kneck down. One side is $150.

I'll send a quote with shipping on that jig bar set up.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about a paragraph on how you or others use these ? Does your bar go all the way across ?
Yes the jig bar goes all the way through the housing. You have to pucks that go in the carrier caps and then two for the outers. The full floater jigs thread onto the spindles and then you slip them on the bar or if you have a semifloat there are two other pucks that slip into the housing ends and then slide them onto the bar.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts