Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour,

I would like to share my full-gear calculator spreadsheet (145KB zip file) with you, dear POR members.

Input:
- Tire specifications (ex: 285 x 75 x 16)
- Diff ratio (ex: 3.70)
- Tcase Hi, Lo, Crawler ratios (ex: 1.00-1.959-4.70)
- Tranny ratios (ex: 13.38-5.77-2.85-1,53-1.17-1.00-0.84-0.71)
- Engine specifications (ex: 210 @ 1800, 135 @ 3600)

Will chart:
- RPM Vs Vehicule Speed for each tranny speed
- RPM & Shifting for Economic (Vs Vehicule Speed)
- RPM & Shifting for Torque (Vs Vehicule Speed)
- RPM & Shifting for Horse Power (Vs Vehicule Speed)

Important: I am not liable of the use you could do with that since it's provide as any internet garbage and the usage is under your own responsabilities and at your own risk.

I use it with my friends and they like to see the what-if my engine is bigger or revvier or torquier, ...what-if I install that crawler gear, that diff, that tranny, that tire size, ...

The diagram at the extreme right is more complex to setup and need more adjustment. I use it to approximate acceleration time... for friends that are drag racing on bikes or cars.

I would appreciate to receive feedback from you in terms of comments and/or to share your own setup.

P.O.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bonjour 350,

I know but one tranny speed at the time and no engine curvature. Therefore, no "What if I change my engine?", "What if I change tcase?", "What if...?", and therefore, no graph that said "When shall I shift?"

P.O.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Change the profile percentage in the 'Tire Size Section' on the first page until 'Overall Diameter' equals 31
Don't forget that everything is listed in those strange KMH and metric measurements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bonjour,

Km/h :eek: Strange :confused: Standard International Units :rolleyes:

BUT in the first sheet, you have to fit US and metric systems for tire size since some countrys are using hybrid system (ex: Canada :D where tire sizes are like "235 mm x 85 % x 15 in")

By the way, like previously said, always check that the calculated tire overall diameter correspond to your effective tire overall diameter.

If you are using MPH units, go to the third sheet and set the right units, MPH or Km/h. This will plot diagrams with the right :confused: system (left for England :confused: ). Note that the extreme right diagram, for acceleration, is only metric for the moment.

P.O.

P.S.: Here, in Québec Province (CDN), are using hybrid system and, if you ask for, could confuse some of you by using ma langue maternelle. :D

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Perfect Obsession said:
Bonjour.............................

What's with the Bonjour shit? Are ya trying to piss the yanks off and get us confused with the French from France? For the love of god they'll be looking up Trois Rivieres and nukin' the fuck out of you!!! The worse part is they might miss and hit my house!!!

:emb4:

How was that for a newbie response???

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts