Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice chat with PSC this morning... great guys... expensive stuff...

We discussed addin’ in a accumulator to help with piston center drift as elated to the orbital’s valves flipping and steering wheel center...
Result was inconclusive... so I’m thinking about trying it, PSC two mentioned “someone” had tried it before...

Anyone here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
You're thinking is if you hold pressure in the orbital it won't want to drift when the engine off to try and keep the wheel in the same position?

Have you found an accumulator that will support hydraulic pressure levels?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're thinking is if you hold pressure in the orbital it won't want to drift when the engine off to try and keep the wheel in the same position?

Have you found an accumulator that will support hydraulic pressure levels?

Objective is to hold pressure and volume levels to orbital constant when at low rpm.

And hydraulic accumulators with 5k psi working pressure, max 20k

·
Registered
97 Posts
Objective is to hold pressure and volume levels to orbital constant when at low rpm.

And hydraulic accumulators with 5k psi working pressure, max 20k

Ok that makes more sense. I was really confused by your first post.

Wouldn't it be easier to just run an over drive pulley or are you running a high enough redline that you're over spinning your pump?

I have a power steering pump from a v8 WJ 01-04 which has two return ports to the built in reservoir. I have a 160cc valve into a 2.5x10" (shortened to 9") psc ram and with an overdrive pulley it flows faster than I can spin the wheel. Its about 2.5 turns lock to lock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that makes more sense. I was really confused by your first post.

Wouldn't it be easier to just run an over drive pulley or are you running a high enough redline that you're over spinning your pump?

I have a power steering pump from a v8 WJ 01-04 which has two return ports to the built in reservoir. I have a 160cc valve into a 2.5x10" (shortened to 9") psc ram and with an overdrive pulley it flows faster than I can spin the wheel. Its about 2.5 turns lock to lock.

Sounds like a nice set up ya got there...

Currently running the smallest pulley offered for my pump, Eaton valve, 8” DS ram, might up my hoses & fitting to -8 from the -6 get more volume but then drops pressure... res and filter setup from trail gear.

Really just Looking for any individuals whom have added an accumulator into their full hydro system...

If not, I’m enjoy with being the first through the door!

Accumulator x1
Two one way valves, t-fitting and some hoses
Charge with N2 and see what happens!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah I have -8 between the pump and valve. Running a remote res I would suggest running -12 from the res to the pump. -6 is more than enough from the valve to the ram for a 2.5" ram.

I'm interested to see what develops from this thread and how the accumulator will work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts