Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well.... once again time to add to the collective database some pics for all the happy serachers!

Edit: ok.. try here instead

:D

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bigburlynakedguy said:
What valve, ram, pump combination did you use?
the valve and ram came from gunracer1 here.. We belive they are off of a toyota forklift.

Pump is going to be the stock PS pump (hopefully) motor isnt running at the moment to test. still need hoses too. will report more as soon as i know more.

Nate

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
sceep said:

the valve and ram came from gunracer1 here.. We belive they are off of a toyota forklift.

Pump is going to be the stock PS pump (hopefully) motor isnt running at the moment to test. still need hoses too. will report more as soon as i know more.

Nate
[/QUOTe

Was this a one off purchase, or is Mike selling these? Looks pretty sweet!

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was a one time purchse.. he had put this whole system together and then decided that full hydro was not the route to take. Too much *cough* pavement *cough* time for his rig.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
just remeber that when you have to drive all over moab. mike

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gunracer1 said:
just remeber that when you have to drive all over moab. mike
lol ;) gotcha man. Thanks again.

Nate.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Are you getting your hoses local? If you are let me know which place you use and how you like them. I will need to get some hoses for my assist system in the next few months probably.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey sceep, who'd ya finally get to thread that thing? Was it as hard as everybody swore it would be?
Looks good, nice sturdy installation on the axle:cool:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brian1 said:
Are you getting your hoses local? If you are let me know which place you use and how you like them. I will need to get some hoses for my assist system in the next few months probably.
i have, and will, always use Plant Equipment Co. (PECO) on 2nd street across from Napa Main. The guys in there have gotten my familys buisness for 20+ years. Awesome quality, custom no problem.

1521 2nd st. NW
(505)243-3736

ROCKSFORBRAINS
Hey sceep, who'd ya finally get to thread that thing? Was it as hard as everybody swore it would be?
Looks good, nice sturdy installation on the axle
After talking the setup through with the guys @ H&P it has be decided to just weld the clevi' on after all is set and done, currently using shaft collars to clamp the clevi on for setup and cyclying. The hydro shop i deal with says that in cases like this where they have to have a thread on the shaft, they just anneal the hardness out of it and thread it. Only reason the hardness is there is for protection, not strength. So i decided to just weld the clevi on. In the case that i have to disasemble the ram in the future, (sholdnt, were going to stuff this thing with 5000psi seals) i will have to cut off the clevi and then reweld after re-assembly,not a problem, there is plenty of the shaft not entering the ram to do this 3 or 4 times.

Nate.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Thanks Nate, I will checkout Peco when the time comes. I was thinking about getting brake lines from them anyway.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sceep, I just talked to J.R. at Van's Machine shop up here in Colorado- he said he would'nt have any problem with cutting threads on the o.d of that ram. He's already done one for me since I sold my lathe to finance an upgrade.

Ph # is 719-589-6221. They're in Alamosa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts