Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im plumbing up my full hydro today and have a quick question. Im using a hydroboost pump w/ its own resevoir modded for more capacity but am also adding a PSC external resevoir. The only way i can get the external one mounted is by having it 2ft 6 inches away which would make the hoses almost 40 inches long by the time i snake them through. Will this be ok? I know PSC suggest the resi be no more then 16 inches away which my pump isnt but im not sure if the extra resi counts or if this will slow down the system.

specs

PSC 8 inch double ram 1 1/2 bore
Chev hrdroboost pump
PSC 7.5 orbital
PSC 8 " exteral resevoir

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I don't see a problem with it, as the pump has its own reservoir. Just use large enough hose (#10 should work) between your secondary res and pump.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If it is that far in front or behind the pump the only problem we had was on extreme climbs or dropoffs the pump would empty into the res...ran it to the side and never had another prob....L

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is that far in front or behind the pump the only problem we had was on extreme climbs or dropoffs the pump would empty into the res...ran it to the side and never had another prob....L
I dont really have the room to put it anywhere but the firewall so i'm hoping for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts