Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help with some questions I have about a full hydraulic steering I did on my 2000 4Runner. Is there anyone that could help me out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the whole thing installed and everything works but when I turn to the right and back to center the steering wheel is longer center and the more right turns I make the More the steering wheel gets off center. Do the left and right hoses have to equal length or is there air in the line or something?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I got the whole thing installed and everything works but when I turn to the right and back to center the steering wheel is longer center and the more right turns I make the More the steering wheel gets off center. Do the left and right hoses have to equal length or is there air in the line or something?
Normal. It's just fluid and it's not a 100% seal. Theres gonna be some loss. Worse with a single ended ram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why is that it only when I turn to the right? I steer this really old forklift at work that has basically the same setup and it doesn’t do that and all my stuff is brand new. It hasn’t even left the garage yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had full hydro in a tj that I drove on the street some and the steering wheel was always rotating just got use to it and didn't pay attention to it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Are you using a double or single sided ram? If single the different fluid capacities will cause the wheel to change positions. If it's a double ended ram it should only move if you steer with the engine off or you push it past "full lock".

What you're describing sounds normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts