Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dropping 40's on my 1 ton LJ my frame twist sideways while turning wheels... So I think I will need at least a steering assist... but I would go full hydro steering instead if it's street legal in Georgia. I moved 3 months ago to GA so I'm not sure... my LJ drives mostly on the road.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I have a 1 ton'd LJ on 39" stickies, its street legal but 99.9% offroad driven. Its got PSC ram assist that works amazing. Even on the buggy trails I smash it through I do not have any issue steering my big tires.

·
Atomic Test Lab Rat
3,690 Posts
After dropping 40's on my 1 ton LJ my frame twist sideways while turning wheels... So I think I will need at least a steering assist... but I would go full hydro steering instead if it's street legal in Georgia. I moved 3 months ago to GA so I'm not sure... my LJ drives mostly on the road.
If your cruising the mall, you want assist. No need for full hydro.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adding hydro assist to mine took away the frame pushing/pulling.

That's all I got :flipoff2:
Cool to know! I've been getting real frustrated and dissapointed about the frame pushing/pulling on mine... finished it last Tuesday just to find out it can't be driven with that steering flaw... I assume you also have double triangulated arms in favor of elimination of trac bar...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Why do you have a 1 ton LJ on 40s, for street driving?
It's not intended for street driving but I'm looking to drive it to the trails instead of having to haul it...

Also... I'm running 16" coilovers and at full drop, steering capacity is restricted/reduced real bad...

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here some shots...

·
NERD
8,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moar pics/info! I've seen you post questions about this build forever, and these are the first pictures I've seen.
Sorry for the late reply... I just completed a 74 hr trip from Cali to Georgia.... I can post a post-build thread with pix and details on what I did on mine... later this week... promise..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts