Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the sterring. This is a continuation of a thread I had going from a couple of weeks back. Some people might rember. But anyways its been 2 weeks from the start of this project and heres where it sits. Now all thats left is brake lines and drive shafts and its ready to get it on. This has been a ton of work to acomplish in 2 weeks and I am a little burned out but I have got a lot done. Dana60 4.88 ARB 35 spline inners and stubs,14 Bolt 4.88s Detroit,Atlas2 4.3,Full hydro sterring.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Nice clean install, Justin, that's *very* impressive! Have you had a chance to try the hydro-steer yet? I bet it makes a huge difference moving those big tires...

Remember to send some actions pics when you get them, can't wait to see that big pig on the rocks!

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The way it works is so impressive. I was unloading it in my drive way just turning back and forth testing it out and one of the tires hooked the front bar on my trailer and the power of the sterring tried to push my rig off sideways!!! I dont think I will be fighting the wheel anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
60seriesguy said:
Hey Justin, what's up with the stacked washers on the spring plate u-bolts? Splines not long enough?

Just curious...
LOL you guys pick up everything:D Yea I stacked up some washers not enough threads. I am suprised nobody said anything about the half moon plug weld on the engine hoop to the winch. I thought that would get noticed first. I will get the proper Ubolts before to long. Nice eyes Henry!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
When you reach this level of obsession, you start noticing even the littlest things...nice work, Justin, can't wait to see some action shots!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet! Now all you need are some driveshafts!!!!:flipoff2:

Nice fab-work and very clean install!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Nice work. Can you tell me what model the remote tank is for the hydro? It looks very nice.

Any reason why you did not go for hi steer? I'm worried the ram might get hit in this location.

Charles

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fj40charles said:
Nice work. Can you tell me what model the remote tank is for the hydro? It looks very nice.

Any reason why you did not go for hi steer? I'm worried the ram might get hit in this location.

Charles
Not sure of a model# just a Howe remote Res with a filter. The non high steer came after a lot of thought and reasearch. This ram pushes like 2500 LBS and thought I might shear the studs off the top of the knuckles. I was going to do the Avalanche double arm and put the tierod behind the axle ram up front but lots of people advised aginst it cause of the studs on the knuckle. The ram may take some beating here but I think it can take it. I hope anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts