Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know I did the search but didn't find much,
If swapping in a full size axle I know I need to make a wider front cross member to match the spring perches but what have you done with the shackles? Its too wide to go through the frame so how have you sloved this problem? I don't want to shorten the driverside axle tube I want to center the whole thing under my rig, Suggestions and Pics please.

·
Registered
188 Posts
if it chevy width then-make new shackles out of 3/8 x 2" flat bar for the outsides of the frame rail. Then have new inner shackles bent with 3/4" more offset than stock or weld 3/4"spacer in and use a longer bolt.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
F150 springs allow you to still run through the frame, because of their length. The easiest way is to do an outboard for teh shackle hanger. I don't like the goofy bent shackle/3/4" spacer crap. Here's my outboard (running F150's now)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way how far do your tires stick out, with full size axles? right now I have 15x8 rims but wonder if I am going to need some huge bushwacker fender flares in order to stay street legal

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Well, the Toy IFS front end is about 58-59" wide, a full width axle is around 67-69", so that's up to 5" wider PER SIDE than whatever you are running now.

Originally posted by Wison:
I don't like the goofy bent shackle/3/4" spacer crap.
You mean like this?

Nothing wrong w/ it, just looks funny. Looks better than my shackles UNDER the frame did though, IMHO. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Here's a few pics.
SPECS.
Rears up front
Shackle unreversal(shackles in front)
Full width Dana44

There's probly a few more if you hit the link in my signature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts