Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and can't find exactly what Im looking for. Flame suit if I have overlooked it. Well here goes. Has anyone tried a full width swap on the tacoma? I am thinking a D 60 out of ford and 14 bolt rear. Pics and links would be greatly appreciated. I've read alot about the waggy d-44 swap, but I want to go bigger. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
Guy in peterson's did full width with coil sprung suspension in front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,980 Posts
cdarthvader said:
Guy in peterson's did full width with coil sprung suspension in front.
Right, if it is the white one from Colorado I am thinking of (you too?) there are pics of it in "your favorite Toy" thread but I don't know about tech. Some one on here knows the guy and has some info on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,417 Posts
shannon brookshire has a full width ford high pinion dana44 on the front of his tacoma. he kept the stock rear axle. i think the front is like 65 or 66" WMS to WMS. he is over on www.ttora.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
I have a 65" D44 under a taco. As far as I know Cornbread is the only 1 ton taco besides some guy with a 98' taco with F/R terra 60's? that was in Petersons a few mponths ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,896 Posts
GrnMchn said:
I have a 65" D44 under a taco. As far as I know Cornbread is the only 1 ton taco besides some guy with a 98' taco with F/R terra 60's? that was in Petersons a few mponths ago.
That and the infamous 'TJoe' from Ttora board, who was the first D60 f&r swap we knew about. Truck never did much IIRC, besides flex in a ditch. Sweet build though. Anyway, no info there but he was the first I heard of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
kyridgernr said:
I have searched and can't find exactly what Im looking for. Flame suit if I have overlooked it. Well here goes. Has anyone tried a full width swap on the tacoma? I am thinking a D 60 out of ford and 14 bolt rear. Pics and links would be greatly appreciated. I've read alot about the waggy d-44 swap, but I want to go bigger. Thanks
Yes there are a few.. Dave aka cornbred, the famous TJoe bullshit, and one of the firsts I saw was a really sweet black one on dual 60's with 38" swamper radials.. I have pics of it at home.. Now that you know it's been done, go do your own.. It's basically exactly the same as swapping in the waggy 44's, you're just gonna have to do a few things different to fit the 60 and bolt stuff together. So get to work.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top