Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
right here too, that is whenever i can make it to the mountains. i think there are some pics still floating around somewhere in here of my last trip to tellico. weight, i haven't a clue... if RAMV is at 6k, i'd guess a few hundred lbs. less since mine has no options except a/c and 4wd. axle swap and front suspension redo are in the works so i can give the loud pedal some hell without fear with the new 40's.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yup... 5830 lbs.

West side of Holcombe Creek - Big Bear, CA

Lockwood side of Miller Jeep Trail - Los Padres Ntl Forest, CA

Rollover Hill - Disney, OK

Nueces River, Uvalde, TX

Waterfall - Disney, OK

·
Registered
48 Posts
bigger than fullsize;)

Last weighed in at 6490 lb, but it is still under construction and estimate final weight around 7000lb.
Definately a rock crawler with 7.56:1 dif gears

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Don't know if I'd call mine a "rockcrawler" yet or not, but it'll get there. Right now "yard ornament" is a more accurate term. :rolleyes: Progress has been very slow; finishing the house has been higher priority. Pics here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108461 Still need to buy tires, waiting until it's moving again and I can either find a screaming deal or save enough. Front 60 disassembled in the garage, all 35-spline with Spicer drive flanges, Detroit. Rear 60 35 spline, welded. Front driveshaft currently destroyed; need one of Jesse's long-spline 1350CV-1410 units, but can't do that until the front axle is ready. 203 behind the 727, when it gets the doubler will be 123:1 or so. Original 318 with ported '302 heads, Qjet, '759 cam; gives better driveablility and performance at all rpms, ca. 300 hp and 350 lb/ft. Front springs are a 6" set of unknown mfgr, 5-leaf pack, originally for a GM; rears are ez-rides, will do shackle flip to lose the rear blocks, relocate the shock mounts. Remarkably good flex for as simple and cheap as it was. Stretched the rear ebrake cables about 8" last weekend so they don't act like a left-side limiting strap. I've got a '73 crewcab to go on for hauling the family after this one gets too beat; at that point it'll get a short flatbed and the frame bobbed behind the rear spring hangers; however the military pintle hitch will stay. ;) I'll try to get some flex pics soon using Garret's engine-hoist method. Advertized curb weight is 6K; will put it on a scale when it's driveable again.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Front view

Ok, here's mine.

It's not finished yet. Still needs drive shafts, brakes, and steering.
I'm hoping to have it done by July-August.

I'm shooting for 5,000 lbs loaded.

Ryan

View from front. (The angle iron front hangar is temporary)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Here's how the Doubler fits.

I raised the t-cases up 3 1/2 inches so I could get a flat skid plate on it. Also I'll be running a short 10-12" rear drive shaft to a pillow block down to my main rear driveshaft which will be be at approx 20 degrees.

I'm doing this so I'll have a less exposed rear shaft with a 125" wheel base. Rear shaft should have the same characteristics as one on a Ramcharger with 6" of lift. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Rear departure angle. 57" Ford springs turned around backwards. I'm currently inboarding them under the frame rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...............Fuckin "HARDCORE"!!!!!!!!!..........I never knew that we had so many rock crawlin fullsize dodges on pirate:eek: Damn,.PJTPW on 44"s and Jaretthumphrey that's a monster...what are those tires?........SolidAxleDurango,that's some crazy stuff you are doing!.........ramv.....INSANE! what are those 35's???....How can you go where you go, I bet all of you became better drivers with rigs so big and heavy! Congrats to all of you:flipoff2: I am impressed! I fully think you guys rock:)

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
Hopefully after early June I will have some kick ass pics.

A bunch of us, probably 15+ rigs (mostly late model Rams) are heading to Moab! I am going to be running some 3+ or 4 rated trails with several of them.

My truck will have a custom 6" long arm suspension by then.

Already have my 3" susp (being swapped for the 6"), 3" body lift and 35" Swampers. Already have the 4.56's, rear Detroit (2 years now) and front Lock-Right (2 months ago). Plenty of spares (one full set of rear shafts and will have 2 sets of fronts) a fullsize spare, OBA and more.

Should be fun....

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
will 5 on 5.5 earlier 9-1/4 axle shafts fit the later model trucks? if so i have another set i could give ya.:D

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
FULLSIZE said:
will 5 on 5.5 earlier 9-1/4 axle shafts fit the later model trucks? if so i have another set i could give ya.:D
You being serious? I know of some folks that could use some spares... What do you want for them?

The one I have measured ~34" from WMS to end of shaft. According to Tractech site, 77-00 9.25" are the same dia and spline count.

·
Registered
221 Posts
HEY PJTPW

That is a badass Dodge! Way to represent!

thanx for the props to us Dodge boys Seabass:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 181 Posts