Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '91 driver side power window regulator has a problem. The window stops twice on its way up pr down and I have to help it past each stalled spot. Appears that one of the drive gears must be missing a tooth. I popped the door panel and took a look. Looks like the regulator assembly is non-serviceable and has to be replaced as a whole unit.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Ideas on best place to buy a replacement for reasonable cost?

Pic of mine below.

Thanks,
Jay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
That's why I hate power windows. When they work, their great, soon as something goes wrong, what a pain in the ass to fix. Hit the junkyards, find a newer vehicle, all the way up to 91 burb or k5. Least this way you know it won't be that old. I think almost anything power window related is pricey new.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You can pick up a new drive gear and install it. You just need to drill out the rivits and the replace them with screws. I replaced the entire motor and drive gear for 40-50 bucks new a ckecker and that even came with the replacement screws.

mike

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i changed the one in my girlfriends caviler (i know) and it was about $300 new. got one for $35 at the junk yard. i did like it says above, drilled the rivets and bolted it back together. just make sure the gear on the motor and the gear are lined up right or you windiw wont go all the way down or up. one more tip, watch the spring when putting in back in. it spit out on me and i had to get stitches in my hand. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts